face masks

mel b3

good evening guys .

a couple of days ago , her good self decided to shut down her regular business for a few weeks(or as long as is needed) , and start producing face masks full time .

shes currently making them as fast as she possibly can , but obviously , demand is rather high at the moment , im also flat out at work , so please be patient.

the idea for the masks , and the technical information , came from a doctor that produces his own masks , and the design came from a craft site .

the masks are washable and reusable , and additional basic filters can be added if wanted(they arent really needed) , eg , tissue , coffee filter paper , wet then dried tissue , dried baby wipes , dried anti bacterial wipes , charcoal filters , and the filters are to be changed after every use , and the masks are to be washed regularly.

the masks arent up to surgical standards , nor would they be any good for spraying your car.

priority for the masks , would obviously be given to the older members of the site , or those in greater need .

the masks are steam sterilized , then sealed into a ziplok bag

they come in two sizes , man size , with elastic that goes around the back of the head , and lady/teenager size , with elastic that goes over the ears . her good self will be working on child sizes when she can.

as is to be expected , demand is rather high at the moment , so please dont ask for lots of masks , two per household is pretty much all that we can reasonably manage.

serious note . i trust that nobody from pw would put these masks up for sale at any price.

the cost.

the masks are completely free , and we will be paying for the postage out of our own pockets , however , if you are in a financial position to make a small donation , then it will go towards the next batch of materials for more masks , but as i know that many people will be feeling the pinch right now , please dont feel under any obligation whatsoever.

we will will be producing these masks until , the need is over , we run out of money , or we peg out.

if you need a mask (and please only ask if you really do need one) , just drop me a pm , and ill be in touch as soon as i can , but please be patient.

IMG-20200325-WA0000-1.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A while ago 3M asked if I wanted some free masks

i thought  mmm why not

so,they sent me 50!   And I use them at work if I have to crawl,around a loft or whatever,   Used 3 on a job last week. THEN I saw what they were going for on eBay .  A £1 FFP3 mask was going for £35 and an auction for a box of 10 was up to £325!

so.....I have kept 10 for the family and given the rest to my wife's school which she is helping to keep open for vulnerable children along with those of key workers

luckily all the eBay sales have been taken down...but they get put up again quite soon.

36 minutes ago, fallowbuck said:

Any different colours?

Not at the moment,  the type of materials was the important thing 👍.

34 minutes ago, spandit said:

I don't know if it was the same pattern I downloaded but I tried sewing a single mask and failed miserably... what a generous offer of you

I couldn't make one if my life depended on it , but her good self can put them together in no time . My daughter will also be joining the production line tomorrow, so hopefully they can make them at a good pace 👍.

16 minutes ago, Diver One said:

A while ago 3M asked if I wanted some free masks

i thought  mmm why not

so,they sent me 50!   And I use them at work if I have to crawl,around a loft or whatever,   Used 3 on a job last week. THEN I saw what they were going for on eBay .  A £1 FFP3 mask was going for £35 and an auction for a box of 10 was up to £325!

so.....I have kept 10 for the family and given the rest to my wife's school which she is helping to keep open for vulnerable children along with those of key workers

luckily all the eBay sales have been taken down...but they get put up again quite soon.

The world is in the middle of a xxxx storm , and some people can only see a profit ,fortunately ebay are jumping on them pretty quickly. 

6 minutes ago, fat_jay said:

Mel, what a generous offer!

i have no need for a mask, but would like your Paypal address so I can send you a small donation to help with postage etc.

Jay

Jay that is extremely generous of you mate , every penny will go towards more masks .

Her paypal is . Lindajanebayliss@yahoo.co.uk 

Could you please put a note on it saying mask donation please mate so that she can keep tabs on everything. 

Thank you very much again mate 👍.

Hi this is so generous of you and so welcome in these selfish stock piling and ignoring stay at home advice. We would appreciate 2 masks, one for my wife who has had 2 big cancer battles and how surviving on one functioning lung (lung cancer caused by breast cancer treatment) and for me so I'm not bringing any risk into the house or near my wife. If you could give us your paypal details then we'd be more than happy to give a donation. Thank you

5 hours ago, gpreen said:

Is PayPal the only way I’d like to make a donation to assist with your expenses whilst you assist those in a less fortunate position. I just have paypal nor do I want it  

I'm off to work in a while , but I'll drop details later , thank you very much for your public spirited generosity. 

5 hours ago, postie said:

Pm sent 

And replied to buddy.

5 hours ago, Walker570 said:

You and Lin are golden, really always known that but this just confirmed it beyond any doubt.  I already have your address look out for an envelope.

You take care yourselves.

Thank you very much nev . You're as generous as ever mate , and your generosity will be helping plenty of folks that need a bit of help at the moment. Would you and freda like a couple ?.

5 hours ago, redial said:

What a couple you are.

Only recently helping me out with a        unrelated issue.

Thank you sir , and you're very welcome.

5 hours ago, tikkashot said:

Hi this is so generous of you and so welcome in these selfish stock piling and ignoring stay at home advice. We would appreciate 2 masks, one for my wife who has had 2 big cancer battles and how surviving on one functioning lung (lung cancer caused by breast cancer treatment) and for me so I'm not bringing any risk into the house or near my wife. If you could give us your paypal details then we'd be more than happy to give a donation. Thank you

You are most welcome to a couple my friend , lin and myself have found it heartbreaking, that folks such as yourselves, are unable to get much needed masks , whilst greedy people are holding others to ransom with massively inflated prices. If you send me your postal address,  well get a couple of masks on the way immediately 👍

Thank you again for your generosity guys . And please excuse me if some of my replies are a bit short , things are a bit hectic here at the moment 👍

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I'm off to work in a while , but I'll drop details later , thank you very much for your public spirited generosity. 

And replied to buddy.

Thank you very much nev . You're as generous as ever mate , and your generosity will be helping plenty of folks that need a bit of help at the moment. Would you and freda like a couple ?.

Thank you sir , and you're very welcome.

You are most welcome to a couple my friend , lin and myself have found it heartbreaking, that folks such as yourselves, are unable to get much needed masks , whilst greedy people are holding others to ransom with massively inflated prices. If you send me your postal address,  well get a couple of masks on the way immediately 👍

Thank you again for your generosity guys . And please excuse me if some of my replies are a bit short , things are a bit hectic here at the moment 👍

Don't need masks up here mel. We have no reason to mix closely with anyone and apart from a trip to our local shop we are staying in. Fortunately we have our small 12 acre plot to keep us busy spring cleaning so not likely to get bored.   Even when we go to the shop if there are others there we wait outside until they have gone.  

Edited by Walker570