face masks

mel b3

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great offer and good work 👍👍😊

and you add a big thanks to Mel and all the bin men over the country putting them selves at risk emptying the bins that are full of heaven knows what? 🙄😧

I’ll not have one as I have been offered plenty of thongs there adequate for me 😂

all the best 

of 

i

Lyn & Mel,

Thanks from me. When the world goes mad you have stepped up and gone out of your way to find a way to do something to help. You are the gems that make the uk and this forum a good place to be ( Social Distance Rules Applying) the donation should cover the postage and a bit more when all this blows over please by yourselves a drink On me as thanks and cheers 🍻 

thank you very much for your kind words and generous donations gents , your generosity has been very welcome.

its not often that youll hear me say this , but , please dont send any more money , lin said that she has enough to cover the next batch of materials,  and the postage costs , and should we need any more , shell send me back on here with my begging bowl again :good:.

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

thank you very much for your kind words and generous donations gents , your generosity has been very welcome.

its not often that youll hear me say this , but , please dont send any more money , lin said that she has enough to cover the next batch of materials,  and the postage costs , and should we need any more , shell send me back on here with my begging bowl again :good:.

WELL DONE ON YOUR GOOD WORK :good:When you need more money put a post up I`ll only be to happy to donate.

10 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Great offer and good work 👍👍😊

and you add a big thanks to Mel and all the bin men over the country putting them selves at risk emptying the bins that are full of heaven knows what? 🙄😧

myself and thousands of other binmen around the country , are choosing to believe that only nice things live in dustbins . one big plus for us , is that were constantly exposed to so many nasties , that weve probably got pretty fantastic immune systems , i hope :cry1:.

I’ll not have one as I have been offered plenty of thongs there adequate for me 😂

all the best 

of 

i

could you just clarify for me please , were they offered ?, or did you steal them from the washing line again ?.

more serious matters.

thank you very much for your generosity guys , as always , youve stepped up to the mark (i never expected anything else to be honest) , and especially those guys that have sent money , but didnt want masks , just so that others less fortunate could get one . her good self has been grafting in the workshop since about 5.30am this morning , im not sure how many masks in total that shes made today , but it looks like fifty ish masks , have been made for pw members , and paid for  by  pw members , shes still in the workshop at the moment , and when she comes back into the house , well get them all wrapped and posted. shes already ordered and paid for the next batch of materials , and the supplier has promised to have them here asap.

thank you very much for the praise , but our sacrifice is minuscule and not worth mentioning  , the ones that deserve the praise right now are the nhs front line staff , theyre really going above and beyond at the moment  , for many of them , things will be getting pretty rough , but theyre gritting their teeth , and getting stuck in like world champions , theyre the soldiers that have got our backs.

several things have happened over the last few days , that have really made me stop and think .

firstly , my sister had a kidney transplant last week , she was out of hospital within days , and her life has been transformed , the whole family is over the moon , but at the same time , remembering the fact that another poor family were in their darkest hour , yet in their dark hour , they thought of others . no words could ever be enough to say thank you.

secondly , ive been collecting bins from pretty empty schools this week , and one thing that has been on my mind quite a lot , is the fact that most of the few kids in the schools , have parents that are front line nhs staff . we all know how rough things are at the moment , and how rough theyll be getting in the very near future , it saddens me greatly to think that some of those brave souls might not be coming home to their kids .

edited to add very important stuff.

these masks are just a barrier , they wont make you superman . remember to wash them and dry them properly as often as possible , and most of all , listen to government advice , stay in the house , and  if you must go out ,  remember social distancing , and wash your hands regularly , and  for at least twenty seconds .

be safe :good:.

Edited by mel b3

Glad you’re sister is going on ok and wishing her a speedy recovery 👍

as for the thongs wouldn’t dream of stealing them 🙄

one pair (used) is a tad too big though red and orange chevrons with caution wide load embroidered across the back 😮

available for you or a co worker 😉😂😂

1 minute ago, Old farrier said:

one pair (used) is a tad too big though red and orange chevrons with caution wide load embroidered across the back 😮

Has Fat Sarah been to the IoW recently?

36 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

ill have em , theyll make a cracking sail for my boat :yes: