Carbon tube

pork chop

8 minutes ago, washerboy said:

A lot depends on its structure if it will let you cut a thread without it just tearing off. Carbon wrap isn't great for that. How long is the tube. 

Pm me some measurements over and I could try and duplicate it in some better grade carbon. Can I ask what it's for 

I’m trying to make a mod for my air rifle ,I know it’s commonly used .Its cutting ok not sure if I’m using correct pitch and depth

I make a few silencers,,both for air rifles and rimfires and find it easier not to attempt threading the outer tube. I tend to use 16mm ID aluminium tube for the inner tube,,internally threaded at each end to fit onto the two end caps. An o-ring sealing each end cap in the outer tube does the job nicely. Carbon tube sounds nice but I use 40mm black  plastic waste pipe which is quite strong enough. The key to it all is to wrap the outer tube with a layer of 2mm self adhesive neoprene and finished with some thick shrink fit tube,,,cricket bat handle stuff seems to work well. This prevents any trace of resonance and improves any silencer beyond belief. Inside the inner aluminium tube I usually use three different lengths of 15.9mm spring separated by 5mm thick nylon washers. Plenty of staggered holes in the inner tube gets the gasses out into the outer chamber which is filled with green pan scourer . Volume is your friend here so make the thing as long as you can accept to get the optimum quietness

5 minutes ago, Velocette said:

I make a few silencers,,both for air rifles and rimfires and find it easier not to attempt threading the outer tube. I tend to use 16mm ID aluminium tube for the inner tube,,internally threaded at each end to fit onto the two end caps. An o-ring sealing each end cap in the outer tube does the job nicely. Carbon tube sounds nice but I use 40mm black  plastic waste pipe which is quite strong enough. The key to it all is to wrap the outer tube with a layer of 2mm self adhesive neoprene and finished with some thick shrink fit tube,,,cricket bat handle stuff seems to work well. This prevents any trace of resonance and improves any silencer beyond belief. Inside the inner aluminium tube I usually use three different lengths of 15.9mm spring separated by 5mm thick nylon washers. Plenty of staggered holes in the inner tube gets the gasses out into the outer chamber which is filled with green pan scourer . Volume is your friend here so make the thing as long as you can accept to get the optimum quietness

There’s an idea ,I’ve got some 20x2 ally tube .Its gonna be an over barrel shroud so I’ll have to think about it some 

2 hours ago, washerboy said:

You will struggle with depth of thread with a 1mm wall thinkness. 

https://www.newmantools.com/tech/threadmf.htm

I should have said that I use 16mm ID /20mm OD tube for that very reason. 2mm wall thickness threaded for 10mm depth works well. I locktite the threaded barrel end cap to the inner tube to fix it in place and unscrew the other end to dismantle.

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, what model air rifle ?

It’s a p15 

1 minute ago, Velocette said:

I should have said that I use 16mm ID /20mm OD tube for that very reason. 2mm wall thickness threaded for 10mm depth works well. I locktite the threaded barrel end cap to the inner tube to fix it in place and unscrew the other end to dismantle.

I had a quick look last night and it’s not gonna work using the tube I have but I’ve got some 30x2mm ally coming .Short of hoping I can get carbon sleeve to go over it 

On 26/03/2020 at 11:34, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i know they are, mine went on the R10  barrel  with the screw thread set in half way making a front mod and barrel shroud all in one,

hello, to be honest i much preferred the normal silencer with a floating R10 barrel,  i did sell it on,

1 hour ago, pork chop said:

Cracked it at last ,right pitch helped 🙄

image.jpg

hello, looks a proper job, post a pic when fitted