A gift from the British Empire

So I’m laid off for 2-4 weeks.  I decided to haul all the junk out of my barn.  I found half a can of Canadian surplus ammo.  It’s been exposed to humidity for 18-20 years.  Back in the day Canadian surplus flooded in and was cheaper then the steel Russian ammo.  I miss those days.  Out of about 400 rounds I had zero failures.   

1 hour ago, Mr_Nobody said:

You guys get all the fun toys.

To be honest 95% of the time I shoot semi.   The A2 has a selector.   Semi, safe, burst.  In this video you can see me switch it.  

1 hour ago, Mr_Nobody said:

You guys get all the fun toys.

You guys get $1000 land rovers, hiluxs and $200 antique shot guns.  😂 

9 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Judging from reports, things are getting bad over there? How are you faring in NC? I suppose where you live self isolating is not much of a problem?

Honestly,  it’s not bad at all.  The media goes into Walmart and finds a small empty spot to stand in front of.  Then says that the country is running out of food.  I went the store and they had everything that I wanted except the cheap hamburger.  They had organic but at $4 a lbs I pasted.  My wife’s surgical center shut down as it non critical, (eye surgery, elbow, knee replacement).  She was forced to register for the medical labor pool as she has RN license.  She is a Anestheist but has a RN license. My work has shut down for 2-4 weeks as tool and die machinists are non essential.  But even with both of us out of work  we are drawing more from unemployment then we made so it’s pretty awesome to stay home.  I see why so many people do it.  But I have been cleaning my barn,  servicing vehicles, shooting with the kiddo.  Next week sometime I will probably ride to the coast and de-winterize by fishing shack.    

6 hours ago, mossy835 said:

how lucky you are over there,i used to do the same in michigan when over there on the family farms.

I love upper Michigan area.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/03/2020 at 22:19, NoBodyImportant said:

Honestly,  it’s not bad at all.  The media goes into Walmart and finds a small empty spot to stand in front of.  Then says that the country is running out of food.  I went the store and they had everything that I wanted except the cheap hamburger.  They had organic but at $4 a lbs I pasted.  My wife’s surgical center shut down as it non critical, (eye surgery, elbow, knee replacement).  She was forced to register for the medical labor pool as she has RN license.  She is a Anestheist but has a RN license. My work has shut down for 2-4 weeks as tool and die machinists are non essential.  But even with both of us out of work  we are drawing more from unemployment then we made so it’s pretty awesome to stay home.  I see why so many people do it.  But I have been cleaning my barn,  servicing vehicles, shooting with the kiddo.  Next week sometime I will probably ride to the coast and de-winterize by fishing shack.    

I love upper Michigan area.  

How the hell do you afford all your cool stuff if your normal income is less than unemployment 😮 Is property and cool stuff really that cheap over there :P 

36 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

How the hell do you afford all your cool stuff if your normal income is less than unemployment 😮 Is property and cool stuff really that cheap over there  

36 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

How the hell do you afford all your cool stuff if your normal income is less than unemployment 😮 Is property and cool stuff really that cheap over there  

We are drawing almost 2k a week on unemployment. The wife and I both get the max of $980 a week or $1960 for both of us. $350 state a each and $600 federal each. Plus $2900 ($1200 per adult and $500 for a kid)  a month economic bonus for the next two months.  Our health insurance will be %100 covered up to 3 months. So for the next two months we will draw $10,740 tax free. 😁   And America has land for days if you get away from the cities.  It ranges from $100 per acre in Utah to $1500 per sqft. 

Our system is broken😕.  Sometimes I wonder why we even go to work every day.  Over here you can wake up one day and desire not to work anymore and the state will feed you, clothe you, put you in a house and give you a little spending cash.  

Edited by NoBodyImportant

9 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

We are drawing almost 2k a week on unemployment. The wife and I both get the max of $980 a week or $1960 for both of us. $350 state a each and $600 federal each. Plus $2900 ($1200 per adult and $500 for a kid)  a month economic bonus for the next two months.  Our health insurance will be %100 covered up to 3 months. So for the next two months we will draw $10,740 tax free. 😁   And America has land for days if you get away from the cities.  It ranges from $100 per acre in Utah to $1500 per sqft. 

Our system is broken😕.  Sometimes I wonder why we even go to work every day.  Over here you can wake up one day and desire not to work anymore and the state will feed you, clothe you, put you in a house and give you a little spending cash.  

That's not how much you would get usually though is it? 🤔