b.a.s.c gone quiet.

Basc are not that quite just got their March members offer email, really basc do you think sending marketing **** when most are in lockdown and just trying to survive is such a good idea, not one useful offer, how about face masks and disposable gloves or a ventilator, or reduction on membership fee.

Not a box lock, road angle, shooting cloths, cheap diesel or a car, I guess the dog food may be useful to somebody.

Edited by rbrowning2

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

can have a look at the records and you will see why I am not happy with basc,I'll PM you my name and membership no.

Can I have copy of correspondence?

You obviously have a huge gripe with BASC as every time you have the opportunity you winge about their treatment of you.If they provide all the details you are asking for perhaps you can have a one to one discussion and stop blocking up every thread that mentions BASC with your moaning.

1 minute ago, greylag said:

You obviously have a huge gripe with BASC as every time you have the opportunity you winge about their treatment of you.If they provide all the details you are asking for perhaps you can have a one to one discussion and stop blocking up every thread that mentions BASC with your moaning.

nothing to do with you,you know nothing!

5 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

Basc are not that quite just got their March members offer email, really basc do you think sending marketing **** when most are in lockdown and just trying to survive is such a good idea, not one useful offer, how about face masks and disposable gloves or a ventilator, or reduction on membership fee.

Not a box lock, road angle, shooting cloths, cheap diesel or a car, I guess the dog food may be useful to somebody.

don't tell you missed the Longthorne offer before the price rise?

34 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

BASC is not a discount club for PPE and are you seriously saying you would be interested in buying a discounted ventilator?

On the other hand BASC have successfully countered the threat to game bird releasing for the coming season. Something a bit more relevant to the majority of BASC members.

if you are looking for bargains  though John Norris is a good place to start.

Edited by Konor
Clarification

34 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

I wonder what the production time and run in of the Members magazine is?

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I wonder what the production time and run in of the Members magazine is?

Perhaps the disposable gloves, face masks and ventilators offers will turn up in the next BASC email

Edited by Konor
Addition

1 hour ago, andrewluke said:

nothing to do with you,you know nothing!

Then why do you persist in continuing your personal gripe with BASC on an open forum ?

Surely this is between you and them as we are not interested, so please take it up with them direct.

OB

1 hour ago, greylag said:

And I for one, will drink to that !

41 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

Surely this is between you and them as we are not interested, so please take it up with them direct.

:good:

13 hours ago, rbrowning2 said:

This stuff is generally planned weeks if not months in advance. Submission deadlines, editing deadlines and then printing deadlines all happen before it gets printed, packaged and posted.

Well that was an entertaining read first thing on a Saturday. Let's all bash basc for no reason other than being bored on lockdown hey. Its pathetic, we find ourselves in a situation this world has never faced before and people decide because basc haven't emailed them they are obviously doing nothing and are rubbish. @David BASC I'd not be surprised if you had a chuckle at some comments.

They have challenge WJ and a small victory has come from it. An email with offers is something we always see and I for one am glad it's been sent out, it keeps things semi normal in this crazy time. People are still working, and buying certain things. BASC are still working. Updating us on what we as shooter's can / can't do. Updated us about game bird release.

If you have issue with them why are you still paying subs?! No ones forcing you to be a member, that's your choice. 

Criticism where criticism Is due is fair enough.....continual and ongoing criticism and negativity is self defeating, in that it erodes credibility, is boring and has no impact.......if you want an example?..........You could do no better than listen to Jeremy Corbin!

Edited by panoma1

5 hours ago, manthing said:

This stuff is generally planned weeks if not months in advance. Submission deadlines, editing deadlines and then printing deadlines all happen before it gets printed, packaged and posted.

Say again it was an email so no it did not get printed, packaged and posted.

but obviously the very wealthy members financial safe and nothing to worry about regarding the coronavirus are probably still quite happy to buy a new car or box lock perhaps somebody like price Charles .... oh wait a second ..........

very insensitive to send out such marketing when just surviving is becoming the issue for many and their loved ones.

15 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

but obviously the very wealthy members financial safe and nothing to worry about regarding the coronavirus are probably still quite happy to buy a new car or box lock perhaps somebody like price Charles .... oh wait a second ..........

very insensitive to send out such marketing when just surviving is becoming the issue for many and their loved ones.

With so many people restricted to being indoors there are probably quite a few people internet shopping.

I wouldn’t imagine that anyone would be offended by the fact that companies are sending out marketing emails, I’ve had a few from John Norris and have been quite happy to browse through them . 
I have never been an envious person so others buying English guns or new cars that I can’t afford ,fortunately, doesn’t really bother me.

Edited by Konor
Adding sentence

55 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

I'm getting daily emails from all sorts of businesses, should I moan at them for trying to stay afloat in these times.. Basc will have contracts with these companies and part of that will be these promotions, don't promote, lose contract.. Its basic business... 

34 minutes ago, Konor said:

With so many people restricted to being indoors there are probably quite a few people internet shopping.

I wouldn’t imagine that anyone would be offended by the fact that companies are sending out marketing emails, I’ve had a few from John Norris and have been quite happy to browse through them . 
I have never been an envious person so others buying English guns or new cars that I can’t afford ,fortunately, doesn’t really bother me.

Indeed,  probably just me having a bad day, I too have received lots more than normal marketing emails, not just from basc.

the moral compass of business is just set to sell sell sell regardless of the situation, many businesses large and small likely to go bust and many likely to loss jobs but the marketing machine must roll on and try and sell me watches, cars, tools, cartridges etc.

The delete button works well.

Of course there’s going to be a lot of advertising offers 

hopefully they’ll help pay to keep the organisations going 

there’s got to be better more constructive things to do in these times 

strongly recommend some should try to make more positive and uplifting posts as to help the moral of people worse of than ourselves 👍😊