b.a.s.c gone quiet.

4 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

i cant see the problem with moaning about BASC if they deserve it,

just my opinion

A lot of moaning about BASC lacks detail or specific information that can be acted on or refuted. Constructive criticism is a good thing to initiate improvements but negative whining serves no purpose if there is no specific point raised.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Konor said:

A lot of moaning about BASC lacks detail or specific information that can be acted on or refuted. Constructive criticism is a good thing to initiate improvements but negative whining serves no purpose if there is no specific point raised.

i need to be careful on here but BASC need to practice what it preaches,

Same people having a chip,it gets pretty monotonous.Thanks to BASC and other organisations game bird release this year will not be challenged after wild Justice stepped back from fast tracking,all thanks to the three organisations who grasp the metal and confronted the bullies.

11 minutes ago, greylag said:

Same people having a chip,it gets pretty monotonous.Thanks to BASC and other organisations game bird release this year will not be challenged after wild Justice stepped back from fast tracking,all thanks to the three organisations who grasp the metal and confronted the bullies.

:good:

49 minutes ago, David BASC said:

And nor does you moaning eh? yet another thread about BASC that you jump on and have a little pop without actually contributing

The web site update on firearms licencing is very helpful. Pity that not all of the forces can follow Durham's lead and be clear about what they will allow. Spoke to Avon and Somerset this morning for clarity on shooting. Asked if it was ok to keep shooting particularly foxes where lambing is taking place and rooks and crows. They went to take advice and then rang me back to say no. When I said that Durham had been very clear and surely there is an overview on these things I was told that I should look at government guidance and if I was satisfired that it was in accordance then it would be OK. I asked 'What is the view that will be taken by the local police?' to be told it would be for me to demonstrate my reasoning. 

1 hour ago, bottletopbill said:

I was not sticking up for BASC  but we need to remember not to just pick on one person. I have spoken to one person in the past and got a load of rubbish back. A few month's later same call and a complete different answer and lot more helpful toward's my problem. 

same problem, 4 different people ,same answers(not the right ones) from basc,

i'm prepared for "basc bashing" comments,any negative comments gets the same sort of replies

please do not derail the thread!

Edited by andrewluke

2 hours ago, oowee said:

The web site update on firearms licencing is very helpful. Pity that not all of the forces can follow Durham's lead and be clear about what they will allow. Spoke to Avon and Somerset this morning for clarity on shooting. Asked if it was ok to keep shooting particularly foxes where lambing is taking place and rooks and crows. They went to take advice and then rang me back to say no. When I said that Durham had been very clear and surely there is an overview on these things I was told that I should look at government guidance and if I was satisfired that it was in accordance then it would be OK. I asked 'What is the view that will be taken by the local police?' to be told it would be for me to demonstrate my reasoning. 

More “guilty until you prove yourself innocent” from plod! :no:

16 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

More “guilty until you prove yourself innocent” from plod! :no:

Now there is fines money in it - as per 'safety camera van fines - we can expect all the officers unavailable for burglary or shoplifting response to be out stopping umpteen people for interrogation as what they are doing and how many times they have shopped this week if some online posts are correct.

Oh and its now seemingly a requirement that bulk buying is done for a whole weeks worth of shopping in one go.

22 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Oh and its now seemingly a requirement that bulk buying is done for a whole weeks worth of shopping in one go.

Absolutely fine it is what we would normally do - however they will not let you buy that much at one visit to the supermarket at the moment (even if they have it in stock)

21 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Absolutely fine it is what we would normally do - however they will not let you buy that much at one visit to the supermarket at the moment (even if they have it in stock)

And many of the items won't have a weeks 'use by' left either.

10 minutes ago, David BASC said:

Details of calls, emails, letters are on members records, is there something you would like me to look into for you?

can have a look at the records and you will see why I am not happy with basc,I'll PM you my name and membership no.

Can I have copy of correspondence?