Nothing better to do?

Dave-G

21 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

Are you PC Walker from Heartbeat?

I rather liked the LE Velo.   Travelled quite often between Bedford and Worcestershire on the 3-speed, hand start/hand change model over the 1964-65 winter.   When the roads were icy I would have preferred to keep both hands on the bars, the 6V headlamp only gave out about 1 candle power, and a Lambretta could easily overtake me, but it was a nice bike for pottering about the country lanes, and in excellent condition.   I foolishly traded it in for a s/h Minivan, complete with tin-worm.

From 1974-77 I rode to work on a 4-speed, kick start/foot change model, with Zener diode 12V electrics and vastly improved lighting.   Never had any mechanical problems with either of those bikes, and of course they didn’t spray your trousers with oil in the manner of a Bantam or Tiger Cub.

hello, i had a BSA bamtam in shiney blue !!!!!!

52 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Broke all records that year for falling off a Lambretta on the ice covered roads, got so good at it I could just step off and let it go.  Frozen ice still on the roadsides until April.

That must be one heck of a diary or a very good memory. :lol:

39 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

That must be one heck of a diary or a very good memory. :lol:

Remember, those two years we had to record every minute of our day plus those years in 1960 early 70s where some of the most enjoyable of my life and you do not forget those times.

I also had a fantastic upbringing living on a mixed farm in the 50s just after the war, with my two uncles also farming alongside ours so i had close to 500 acres to wander about in with catapult and gun.  Those memories will never die.... or should I say will die with me.   Hopefully those youngsters amongst us in their 30s and 40s will look back in 40yrs time and have a few happy memories of these years in between the ups and downs which do occur in life to which we have to adapt.

I have certainly been through two major disruptions to country life with serious foot and mouth outbreaks which restricted our movements considerably so the present so called lock down is pretty easy going although even in the countryside nobody seems to be taking much notice of it and that will only get worse as people get bored and decided to start to wander out.

Do not despair, it will all pass eventually, it is not the end of the world regardless of the garbage being spread on FaceAche etc.