Hide poles

I have 2 sets, one made from washing line props which sadly are useless if the ground is hard, the light tubing they use just bends when put under pressure, I have a set from A1 which are pretty good but again in hard ground I struggle to get them in, I started carrying a 2lb hammer and a long chisel to make holes for the poles to go in, when the ground is baked hard.

No problem when the ground is soft, but I need something that's reliable all year round, I have thought of making my own with something a lot stronger but the weight may be a problem so its striking a good balance between strength and weight, and of course cost. so any suggestions would be welcome

21 minutes ago, lakeside1000 said:

I have 2 sets, one made from washing line props which sadly are useless if the ground is hard, the light tubing they use just bends when put under pressure, I have a set from A1 which are pretty good but again in hard ground I struggle to get them in, I started carrying a 2lb hammer and a long chisel to make holes for the poles to go in, when the ground is baked hard.

No problem when the ground is soft, but I need something that's reliable all year round, I have thought of making my own with something a lot stronger but the weight may be a problem so its striking a good balance between strength and weight, and of course cost. so any suggestions would be welcome

hello, buy some fishing umbrella ground spikes :good:

• 2 weeks later...

I use 4 xtendable washing line poles from B and M ...1pound 50 each...just take plastic plug out the bottom and put in aluminium rod which you can cut and shape with simple tools..put in a couple of pop rivets to hold the spike in...cheap and easily replaceable if they get damaged or need replaced