Few questions

Scon

Morning my friends, I have 2 questions ad like answers if possible hopefully I've come to the right spot and hopefully I've put this trend in the right place lol, 

First of I've a been asked to clear out a few pigeons in a warehouse so having only a .22 rifle the guy doesn't want any damage to his property is there any kind of rounds for killing the vermin that maybe break on impact if missed my target, I hope this doesn't sound stupid, 

The other thing is he mentioned liability insurance, I don't have any and don't no where's the best place to look or what to really look for as am new to this, so sorry for the dumb questions but if you dont ask you don't get lol any help much appreciated, 

Thanks in advance 

Best bet would be an air rifle or something like a 9mm garden gun shotgun if it's within 10 or so yards. But you can buy reduced velocity ammo for a .22 which will give reduced energies of 30ib ft or so (less than a third of a normal subsonic .22). 

Also some CCI do segment ammo which splits into 3 but likely still not suitable.

It depends on what you can buy from your RFD and the reduced velocity rounds aren't known for accuracy.

But as I said, air rifle would be ideal for this if you can acquire one.

Most countryside organisations offer insurance for shooting activities as part of their membership. However, always check small print first to see if you are covered, especially if there is any payment involved

I have used both indoors on feral's and both work. Garden guns are expensive to feed though, your looking around £15-20 a box of 50, if you can find them. They aren't overly loud but you can pick silencers up for them if noise is an issue. I stupidly sold my garden gun but to be honest I wouldn't specifically buy one again for that particular job. A half decent sub 12 air gun will see you right.

I cant see a .22 lr being at all appropriate for shooting pigeons in any elevated position inside a barn .it will always over penetrate and then either damage or ricochet off what ever it hits behind .

Maybe if you could bait them down onto the ground and take them infront of a soild wall or soil backstop. Personally id reccomend either a nice air rifle ..177 or .22 in sub 12 .or a   .410 shot gun with no 7.5 shot or smaller and keep the ranges between 20 - 25 yds .silencer on the end as your inside a barn  

Thanks for all your comments sorry for the long response I dont be on the internet much, 

As for this virus going about am in lockdown till this clears up so al not be getting to do this till it's safe out, 

Borrowing a air rifle isn't really an option but good thinking all the same, I think the air rifle might be my only option to do this without any damage being done to the property, 

Thanks again for all your comments and opinions and suggestions, all taken onboard, 

You might consider taking a more experienced air gunner to deal with the problem, having first cleared it with the farmer and ensured that the air gunner is clear,  that it is by invitation ONLY  ? You could stand to learn a bit about air rifles too.