Joinery lesson

team tractor

I’d like to offer a joinery lesson after all this virus is passed . Is it something that would be of interest? 
I’m thinking it would only be a single offer and possibly a donation to charity ??? 
I know how much you all like my work so I’d like to offer a glimmer of hope in a time of doom and gloom. 
The offer would be to make anything you’d like within reason inc a door , window etc but material needs to be covered. 
Materials would be at cost and it’s cheaper than you think (4x2 is £10 per m in mahogany, pine is £4) 

I’m doing this as a thank you to a forum that has given me some of the best mates I could ask for .

2 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I’d like to offer a joinery lesson after all this virus is passed . Is it something that would be of interest? 
I’m thinking it would only be a single offer and possibly a donation to charity  
I know how much you all like my work so I’d like to offer a glimmer of hope in a time of doom and gloom. 
The offer would be to make anything you’d like within reason inc a door , window etc but material needs to be covered. 
Materials would be at cost and it’s cheaper than you think (4x2 is £10 per m in mahogany, pine is £4) 

I’m doing this as a thank you to a forum that has given me some of the best mates I could ask for .

hello, nice one TT, hope you all keeping well and safe  

I’m based in Tamworth if it helps . 

6 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, nice one TT, hope you all keeping well and safe  

I am thank you or trying anyway 👍

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Good on you Nath!:good:

I like to help , if I won the lotto I’d love to teach it to young people etc 

1 hour ago, mad1 said:

Nath are you the best person to teach them the H&S side....just saying ?????

Fair play m8....

All fingers chopped off will be returned unless they’re mine

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Chin up high Nathan. That is a very nice offer for someone.  Maybe a block chopping board BUT a diamond one.  Not difficult with your kit and they look good.

You know your always welcome nev 

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

Good offer👍👍

iv got some old plans from great uncle Noah of a boat he once built 😉

happy to lend them to a member who takes up the offer 😊😊

It comes with a first aid kit 😂😂

I’ll never live it down will I 😂. I’ve only chopped 2 fingers you know 😂😂😂 and broken 6 I think , a leg , foot , hand etc lol 

46 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Great offer mate, and just shows what a good bloke you are, as Walker570 Says chin up bud. 

Thanks dude , your always welcome to anything when I start my holidays by you again . Hopefully this year :/ 

On 29/03/2020 at 12:16, team tractor said:

I’m thinking it would only be a single offer and possibly a donation to charity  

This would be something that I would love to do and would definitely take you up on this offer!! I am filling a lot of my time watching Next Level Joinery on youtube along with some others on there.

While WFH  I have a couple of doors to replace (already got them in) and some others to "fix" - once the decorating is finished which will tax me a bit :)

1 hour ago, discobob said:

This would be something that I would love to do and would definitely take you up on this offer!! I am filling a lot of my time watching Next Level Joinery on youtube along with some others on there.

While WFH  I have a couple of doors to replace (already got them in) and some others to "fix" - once the decorating is finished which will tax me a bit

I’m sure someone will talk you through the process 

first you need a first aid kit 😊

big hammer 

lots of sharp woodworking stuff 

a pencil 

a big rubber 

measuring stick 

and some nails 

that should cover equipment 

probably a method statement and a risk assessment 😗

oh and before and after picture 👌👍

all the best 

of 

1 hour ago, discobob said:

While WFH  I have a couple of doors to replace (already got them in) and some others to "fix" - once the decorating is finished which will tax me a bit :)

I run a joinery forum with Winnie bezza off here on Facebook.

the joinery bible if your interested 

39 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

I’m sure someone will talk you through the process 

first you need a first aid kit 😊

big hammer 

lots of sharp woodworking stuff 

a pencil 

a big rubber 

measuring stick 

and some nails 

that should cover equipment 

probably a method statement and a risk assessment 😗

oh and before and after picture 👌👍

all the best 

of 

Plasters too 

29 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

I'm in the process of setting up my shed / workshop and would love to be able to get some tuition from someone with your skill set but as normal for my luck too far away ... who ever does get the experience will be a lucky person

You’re never to far away make the effort and travel a bit book a travel lodge 👍

It’s not Like TT is in middle earth/Australia/ or Norfolk 😊😂

3 hours ago, Flyboy1950 said:

What about a large tub of wood filler and a putty knife.

Stay safe and check all fingers at the end of the day.

Great offer.

FB

Is that 10 or 12 fingers 😊😊😉

2 hours ago, hodge911 said:

I'm in the process of setting up my shed / workshop and would love to be able to get some tuition from someone with your skill set but as normal for my luck too far away ... who ever does get the experience will be a lucky person

I might have a surface plane going really cheap that’s brand new and some routers etc if it helps make the trip worth it. 3 hours Away is only local 👍

Edited by team tractor