a big rubber 

measuring stick 

and some nails 

that should cover equipment 

probably a method statement and a risk assessment 😗

oh and before and after picture 👌👍

all the best 

of 

I have purchased a Track saw (titan - 2nd hand), a Makita Track, a decent blade with a thin kerf(?), a Trend router, and an RYOBI Hinge Jig (from the US as UK prices were stupid).

I am trying to source some thinish MDF around 8mm to make some templates as well so I can route out the door frame as well as I am not very good with chisels :) - mainly due to them not being sharp enough I think.

I will be practicing on some sacrificial wood and a door that I am replacing first.

The part that is really causing me issues is the drilling in of the latch. I can see me going off and breaking out the face of the door!!

I also have a nice Bosch Sliding Miter Saw and stand.

What I would like to do is to get to a level where I can replace components of our staircase which isn't straight forward as it is a closed string with a stupid bottom half landing step. The Newel posts need replacing as they are a bit loose. The handrail needs replacing as this was broke when some spindles got broken. The spindles for some reason I can only find on Irish sites and the postage for them are astronomical and would be as cheap to replace all of them with nice straight ones or ones with minimal chamfering (?)

Sadly though, I know what I need to do, just don't have the skills to do it at this time!!!

56 minutes ago, discobob said:

I have purchased a Track saw (titan - 2nd hand), a Makita Track, a decent blade with a thin kerf(?), a Trend router, and an RYOBI Hinge Jig (from the US as UK prices were stupid).

I am trying to source some thinish MDF around 8mm to make some templates as well so I can route out the door frame as well as I am not very good with chisels  - mainly due to them not being sharp enough I think.

I will be practicing on some sacrificial wood and a door that I am replacing first.

The part that is really causing me issues is the drilling in of the latch. I can see me going off and breaking out the face of the door!!

I also have a nice Bosch Sliding Miter Saw and stand.

What I would like to do is to get to a level where I can replace components of our staircase which isn't straight forward as it is a closed string with a stupid bottom half landing step. The Newel posts need replacing as they are a bit loose. The handrail needs replacing as this was broke when some spindles got broken. The spindles for some reason I can only find on Irish sites and the postage for them are astronomical and would be as cheap to replace all of them with nice straight ones or ones with minimal chamfering (?)

Sadly though, I know what I need to do, just don't have the skills to do it at this time!!!

We keep 2,3,4,6,9,12,15,18,25 mm mdf in stock . 

I'm currently setting a cleat wall system up on the back wall of my shed .... 

It's not a large shed its approximately 17ft x 8ft it has power & lighting and is (if I say so myself ) very well made .

Framed up in cls at 16" centres then external 18mm plywood outside clad in 6x2 treated pine (ex machine import crates) insulated then 9 mm ply inside double glazed window & door .

Tools recently bought 

Bandsaw rexon make(not professional type)

Clarke pillar bench drill

Scroll saw

Bench belt sander & hand belt sander 

Power file (evolution make)

Reciprocating bobbin sander 

And quite a few more but don't tell the Mrs 😂😂

Edited by hodge911

2 hours ago, hodge911 said:

I'm currently setting a cleat wall system up on the back wall of my shed .... 

It's not a large shed its approximately 17ft x 8ft it has power & lighting and is (if I say so myself ) very well made .

Framed up in cls at 16" centres then external 18mm plywood outside clad in 6x2 treated pine (ex machine import crates) insulated then 9 mm ply inside double glazed window & door .

Tools recently bought 

Bandsaw rexon make(not professional type)

Clarke pillar bench drill

Scroll saw

Bench belt sander & hand belt sander 

Power file (evolution make)

Reciprocating bobbin sander 

And quite a few more but don't tell the Mrs 😂😂

Nice, I only have an internal garage - and a 7x7 shed so a bit limited. The worst thing is that I can't do anything in the garage as stuff is also stored in there on shelves!