Pard nv007 and dark engine black sun IR.

Redgum

Hi all, difficult times and hope your all managing to cope, bit bored so thought   I would add this. I've had a bit of problem with boar lately in my locality and have been ask to try and sort them out. The boar are out at night so I needed something to strap on my 308 that was effective and not to expensive. I did a bit of searching and came up with the Pard nv, some bad, some good reviews. Well I bit the bullet as to speak and swapped an expensive bit of glass with an old Nikon Monarch I had knocking around( this scope was always up somewhere near the more expensive stuff anyway). The reason for the swap was that I had read IR really only works with side parallax. Clive Ward nightvision had a deal on with the pard and ir so went for that.

It took a bit of setting up, not difficult but just getting used to really and I must say its a brilliant bit of kit for the money. As an add on it does sit back toward your eye but I solved this with a leather stock extension off one of my shot guns. There's no recoil issue as the eye piece on the pard is well thought out and with a moderated 308 I found having my eye right on the eye piece was no problem. zeroing was no problem, zeroed the rifle with the new scope, fitted the pard and tested and bang on no problem. In action it worked really well, the in built ir on the pard is enough to see boar out to over 100yds ( I had set up to shoot at around 70yds), the add on dark engine black sun IR really improves range and clarity. Two shots later and two dead boar, have included a photo of the latest one.

defa and boar.jpg

Edited by Redgum

hello, the Pard 007 and 008 and 019 have all become a must have N/V for many shooters, but at the moment in short supply, i bought a Hawke S/F scope for when the opportunity comes along i might get one but until then a red torch will suffice, i do have an 019 and good bit of kit, glad you like the 007, cheers 

My mate has been helping me with the boar, he has a nightmaster with red pill on top of his rifle and even at 70yds the pigs are not easy to pick up. Not sure if its just all the mud but the boar seem to have a coat that absorbs the light. 

2 hours ago, dob said:

Waited 7 weeks for my pard to arrive, should of took 4days but obviously China got a few issues at the moment.was your ir torch expensive?

hello, the IR torches are very good about £100 from the night vision store via the UK night vision forum, there are 2 versions so best check with Clive

The dark engine black sun Ir does make a big difference to clarity and range, I think the irs are about £96 but I bought mine with the pard as a special deal price. The torch is light and easy to use. The pard was with me quite  quickly but I had to wait for the ir .

Edited by Redgum

• 6 months later...
17 hours ago, wabbit warren said:

ive been shooting a .223 with a pard 007 for foxes.  not got a ir torch yet just been using the built in ir on the pard.

could anyone recommend a ir torch  for under £150 that works well on the pard/hawke sidewinder set up?

Hello, look at the Sirius torch, there's a chap on FB called Ian who makes them, I have his XT but he has a new type out, look on the NV uk forum. Lots of info, cheers