8 bore auto

Farmboy91

16 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

To be honest I don't think I can remember a great deal from 20 years ago 😂 

The picture is great as I've got a starting point now 👍 want to say it looks like a Beretta action? I can't believe there's next to no information online about it though.

@mudpatten do you recognise it at all?

That action Looks a bit Sp10 / ithaca , maybe ? Bet that was fun to use ?

1 hour ago, Dogs said:

That action Looks a bit Sp10 / ithaca , maybe ? Bet that was fun to use ?

Yeah the article does mention Ithaca, he must have made enough changes to keep it legal though. 

1 hour ago, Smokersmith said:

I wonder how far it spat the shells out !!

1 hour ago, Dogs said:

Bet finding them was intresting to, especially on a night flight, maybe you had to train your dog ! 

I hadn't thought of that, I wonder if AM had though as it can be enough of a pain with a 12 bore. 

Edited by Farmboy91

3 hours ago, Dogs said:

Maybe a bored out ithaca ? Lot of that going on back then with the Spanish s x s ,  s , intreasting though , bet it turned out to be a lot of work to do , but a bit pointless really

Looks bespoke to me ...

47 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

I wonder if the recoil would help to keep the cost down.

I’d imagine the recoil was negligible given the size of the gun and the fact it’s a semi-auto. 
My SP10 is lovely to shoot.

55 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Looks bespoke to me ...

I’d imagine the recoil was negligible given the size of the gun and the fact it’s a semi-auto. 
My SP10 is lovely to shoot.

Ithaca was mentioned but I'm not sure how much inspiration came from it. Enough was changed to keep it legal was the way i took it. 

I suppose its down to how well he designed and engineered it, the forend looks massive compared to the stock to me. I'd love to have a go through.

Al Myers was a bit farther on than that Ithaca idea. He was not popular with everybody but he built some remarkable big guns as well producing some ingenious new ideas such as this eight, as well as his "super-punt" Tundra and electronic ignition.

JRS, who used to post on here, did a lot of machining for AM but must be retired by now.

3 hours ago, Pushandpull said:

Al Myers was a bit farther on than that Ithaca idea. He was not popular with everybody but he built some remarkable big guns as well producing some ingenious new ideas such as this eight, as well as his "super-punt" Tundra and electronic ignition.

JRS, who used to post on here, did a lot of machining for AM but must be retired by now.

Alan showed me that electronic punt gun and went on to say the bloke he built it for changed his mind and wanted it changing back to a manual trigger but I guess he never got round to doing it.. A good friend of mine who was also Alan's friend told me he made 3 of these 8 bore autos. I wonder where they are now

1 hour ago, m greeny said:

Alan showed me that electronic punt gun and went on to say the bloke he built it for changed his mind and wanted it changing back to a manual trigger but I guess he never got round to doing it.. A good friend of mine who was also Alan's friend told me he made 3 of these 8 bore autos. I wonder where they are now

Were the 8 bore semi autos built on a modified Ithaca action or machined from block ? The trigger guard , forend and forend cap look similar to the Ithaca mag ten but was the barrel built from scratch and fitted to a modified Ithaca mag ten action/receiver ?