The coming shooting season

I have just listened to the latest Fieldsports Podcast and a chap from Guns on Pegs has said that he has spoken to 132 shoots since 24.03.20 to ask them on their plans for the next season.

27 said that they definitely plan to hold shoots

31 said that they definitely will not be holding shoots

74 said that the had not made up their minds

I guess that the game farms are taking orders now (some will require deposits and some won't) so its "crunch time" very soon?

At this moment in time it looks like very limited commercial shooting opportunities for the coming season

Will be interesting gamble for those that are buying 35,000 poults. Depending upon the lockdown, the price of birds could either go sky high or they’ll be worthless. Most decent shoots will have already sold their days for next season so need to carry on as best they can. Will check an old booking contract to see what it says about deposits and force majuere. 

45 minutes ago, ilovemyheckler said:

I have just listened to the latest Fieldsports Podcast and a chap from Guns on Pegs has said that he has spoken to 132 shoots since 24.03.20 to ask them on their plans for the next season.

27 said that they definitely plan to hold shoots

31 said that they definitely will not be holding shoots

74 said that the had not made up their minds

I guess that the game farms are taking orders now (some will require deposits and some won't) so its "crunch time" very soon?

At this moment in time it looks like very limited commercial shooting opportunities for the coming season

A similar thread to this discussing in the game shooting subsection. 

Lots of big commercial shoots seem to be cancelling their season. 

I think smaller syndicate seem to be happy to go ahead, pending being able to get birds. 

Our small syndicate is waiting to see what happens. 

I have just received an e mail from Richard Gray of Affordable Days and he confirms that all the shoots on his portfolio have confirmed they will be going ahead as normal and hopes that shooting will take place in October.  He also confirms that should any shoots booked decide not to run then any deposits will be returned but at this moment he does not envisage this happening and remains positive.  I have eight days booked with him this season.