Crossman rat catcher or simlar

rich1984

8 minutes ago, wraivi said:

There's one for sale on gunwatch, full kit 2250xl, with a moderator, good price too. 

The one his lad used ? I messaged him. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

One on Agf yesterday said it was quiet  £130 plus postage 

Cheers.

Ill have a look

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2020 at 15:08, rich1984 said:

The one his lad used ? I messaged him. Thanks.

Cheers.

Ill have a look

Un-suppressed they make a fair noise but with a moderator they're very quiet. I have one mainly for targets but also some rabbits in the past (short range). Mod does what it was supposed to do. Lots of modification potential with these which is good fun

4 hours ago, HW95J said:

Un-suppressed they make a fair noise but with a moderator they're very quiet. I have one mainly for targets but also some rabbits in the past (short range). Mod does what it was supposed to do. Lots of modification potential with these which is good fun

What range do you take the rabbits at ? This will be for magpies

Got a cheap scope on it and keep it very close range, wouldn't stretch much beyond 15 yards personally as I like to play it safe. The layout where I used it for rabbits allowed me to get near enough and it did the job. Mine is a 2250XL and puts out something like 9ftlbs so you just need to be aware of the limitations and be sensible. I'm happier taking my HW95K as it's just a lot more capable but it's all about the specific situation. I can imagine it being a good rig for pigeons in/around farm buildings, nice and lightweight to carry.