Update from BASC / DEFRA

all the farms i have none of them have fresh drilling on them, its all winter corn, so nothing to rush in for.i have phoned them all, and they said see you when its over no rush.the one thing i will miss is branchers,there is loads on one farm.but ha ho.

Edited by mossy835

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

That's great for you if farmer won't get someone more willing. There is someone itching to get on the permission that I need to keep pleased to get my impending renewal calibres on.

exactly the reason i always turn out if asked if your not doing the job don’t be surprised if the farmer gets someone else in 

2 hours ago, CharlieT said:

Looking at it from a completely different PR perspective, I can just imagine the headlines .............The shooting community defies lockdown to continue shooting defenseless birds and fluffy animals for fun whilst thousands die of Covid 19.

Or the headline could read "business as usual in the countryside, as food sources need protecting."

14 hours ago, motty said:

Or the headline could read "business as usual in the countryside, as food sources need protecting."

Very unlikely knowing the press.

These comments from the health minister this morning are also pertinent " Exercise outside the home may be banned" https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52172035

Basically some people are taking the P

1 hour ago, matone said:

Yep you`re being warned in a pleasant manner at the moment.

I genuinely think that would be a step too far, and that Government are risking this isolation requirement back firing on them if they impose more stringent rules. I can understand governments reluctance to do it, and It may yet come to that, but how on earth would a curfew be policed on a nationwide level? 

2 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

Very unlikely knowing the press.

These comments from the health minister this morning are also pertinent " Exercise outside the home may be banned" https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52172035

Basically some people are taking the P

Yep "stay home protect the NHS save lives". its real simple stuff this.

Edited by lancer425

15 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Yep "stay home protect the NHS save lives". itsreal simple stuff this.

Exactly, and this from the Health Minister,  "If the result of that is that too many people go out and flout the other rules because they say 'well if I can exercise then it's fine for me to do other things' then I'm afraid we will have to take action."

1 minute ago, CharlieT said:

Exactly, and this from the Health Minister,  "If the result of that is that too many people go out and flout the other rules because they say 'well if I can exercise then it's fine for me to do other things' then I'm afraid we will have to take action."

And then we who have complied with the governments instructions will be restricted even more. Its like the old do not step put of the chalked square joke. :lol:

12 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

Sadly it is many of those that are most vociferous about BASC "throwing shooters under a bus" over the lead issues that are loudest in promoting these "other things", throwing many people, who are being reasonable "under said bus".

We know you are safe and isolated in a hide but the public perception is "if they can do other things so can I"

4 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Sadly it is many of those that are most vociferous about BASC "throwing shooters under a bus" over the lead issues that are loudest in promoting these "other things", throwing many people, who are being reasonable "under said bus".

We know you are safe and isolated in a hide but the public perception is "if they can do other things so can I"

:good:

7 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Yes there does seem to be a common attitude!:rolleyes:

where is this people are going for the crack rubbish coming from with this going on EVERY seed counts answering a farmers call to go is doing your bit this years crop is going to be ESSENTIAL if your not going to help out tell the farmer to get someone else who will  

There's clearly those who think it is shooters who will be or are responsible for any stricter rules which may or may not be instigated, when it is in fact urban dwellers socially congregating and having picnics in parks etc. Some shooters are isolated in fields doing what they do, just as farmers and many others are doing what they do, putting exactly no one at any risk whatsoever. 

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

There's clearly those who think it is shooters who will be or are responsible for any stricter rules which may or may not be instigated, when it is in fact urban dwellers socially congregating and having picnics in parks etc. Some shooters are isolated in fields doing what they do, just as farmers and many others are doing what they do, putting exactly no one at any risk whatsoever. 

There's clearly a few on PW that cannot see the sense in doing as requested before it becomes mandatory and the Police get properly involved.

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

There's clearly a few on PW that cannot see the sense in doing as requested before it becomes mandatory and the Police get properly involved.

with NO lower intestine and both lungs shot this will kill me i’m NOT out there for fun i’m doing my bit so those hiding with the women and children have a bit more to eat down the line if that’s ok with you 

1 minute ago, clangerman said:

with NO lower intestine and both lungs shot this will kill me i’m NOT out there for fun i’m doing my bit so those hiding with the women and children have a bit more to eat down the line if that’s ok with you 

It is not for me to okay your constant virtue signalling.

Who mentioned "fun", not me!

I would love to be out shooting, but I am following the advice of the Government. 

11 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

There's also clearly a few doing it with the consent of the police. That may well change, but until it does, it isn't up to you or others to either judge or tell others what they should or shouldn't be doing.