Update from BASC / DEFRA

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

where is this people are going for the crack rubbish coming from with this going on EVERY seed counts answering a farmers call to go is doing your bit this years crop is going to be ESSENTIAL if your not going to help out tell the farmer to get someone else who will  

I fully expect to see your name in next New Years honours list,  for your totally selfless acts,  to preserve the food supplies of our Country  !

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Scully said:

I have never told anyone 'not to follow the advice of the Government'. What I have said is that common sense and logic must prevail. If this 'advice' changes to become more stringent, it wont be because of some bloke sat in a hide shooting, but rather because of all those in urban societies who congregate in parks and wherever for picnics and to sunbathe. The weather is so nice here today that there are people in the village having picnics and perhaps there's also a bit of sunbathing going on (didn't like to look too close😀) in their own back gardens. It's not their fault they live in the sticks and some live on top of each other. 

Like I said, common sense and logic.

Get where you are coming from, but These are to use the tern again. Unprecedented times.   The government have gone to the trouble to write to us all both to give us accurate information. AND to ensure we are all aware of the requirements in law. So we can if we disobey the guidance be in no doubt we will face prosecution for out misconduct.

Agai stay home protect the NHS save lives. They want us to do what we were told, last thing we need to be doing here is fudging lines. Putting lives or just gun licences at risk for no good reason. We need to be responsible by not giving others who are perhaps challenged or bjust plain silly risking their life the lives of others or public or NHS staff if they crash to or from the crop/ livestock protection etc.

Stay home protect the NHS save lives. Simple its plastered everywhere. Lets just push that and not lets get cought up in any line fudging. risking things that are just not wortyh risking, thats if we think they are a risk or not. WE ALL NEED TO DO AS WE ARE TOLD thats it .

6 minutes ago, Westley said:

I fully expect to see your name in next New Years honours list,  for your totally selfless acts,  to preserve the food supplies of our Country  !

If thats the case well done that man.

But please i dont want to see him crop up in the obituary column, or any of his loved ones.

Please all Stay home protect the NHS and save lives. Simple. we all got letters lets just do it hey. .

3 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Get where you are coming from, but These are to use the tern again. Unprecedented times.   The government have gone to the trouble to write to us all both to give us accurate information. AND to ensure we are all aware of the requirements in law. So we can if we disobey the guidance be in no doubt we will face prosecution for out misconduct.

Agai stay home protect the NHS save lives. They want us to do what we were told, last thing we need to be doing here is fudging lines. Putting lives or just gun licences at risk for no good reason. We need to be responsible by not giving others who are perhaps challenged or bjust plain silly risking their life the lives of others or public or NHS staff if they crash to or from the crop/ livestock protection etc.

Stay home protect the NHS save lives. Simple its plastered everywhere. Lets just push that and not lets get cought up in any line fudging. risking things that are just not wortyh risking, thats if we think they are a risk or not. WE ALL NEED TO DO AS WE ARE TOLD thats it .

Exactly. Nothing has changed; the advice remains the same as it has done from the outset. 👍 I am putting neither myself nor anyone else at risk. 

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

Exactly. Nothing has changed; the advice remains the same as it has done from the outset. 👍 I am putting neither myself nor anyone else at risk. 

Thats what we all need to be doing,  then we might steady this virus down a bit save a few more lives .

2 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

I note that The Secretary of State in now using the term Rules. 

Hence people can be fined for breaking them 

They could be fined from the outset; only the advice to police was to fine as a last resort. The advice, instructions, rules, call them what you will, remains the same. 

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

They could be fined from the outset; only the advice to police was to fine as a last resort. The advice, instructions, rules, call them what you will, remains the same. 

Agreed, but I found the change of terminology rather interesting. Obviously part of a tightening up strategy.

54 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

Agreed, but I found the change of terminology rather interesting. Obviously part of a tightening up strategy.

You’re probably right; I sensed a much sterner attitude, although I also believe they will be very reluctant to do so and it will very much be as a last resort as it will be a nightmare to police, and mass non compliance may be a concern. 
Who knows? Time will tell. 

8 hours ago, lancer425 said:

The governments advice is crustal clear. We even got a letter with it writen on what we can and can not do.

Stay home protect the NHS save lives. Its plastered all over the poduims every time downing street gives an update.

It never said go out protecting crops or livestock. on and government issued advice i ever seen so far.

And guess what i loves my foxing, live for it but would i go out at the moment. NO! Well Why? Because i do not want to risk my life or more importantly the lives of others i may infect if i am a carrier.

I dont think i am a carrier, but to be honest i have no idea i never been tested. So Ill do as suggested in my letter to the letter, i do not expect or demand anybody else does any more than me. But i do get pretty ****** off when individuals decide to take the law into their own hands and put others lives in danger.

I read my letter, i suggest others do the same. Its clear simple advice. Stay home Protect the NHS save lives. thats it end of. !

Explain to me exactly how you think you are risking yours or other's lives.

2 minutes ago, motty said:

Explain to me exactly how you think you are risking yours or other's lives.

Because we all could be carrying, we need to do as we are Told exactly. Not pick and chose what we want or do not want to do.

If there is one single opportunity where what we do can even remotely compromise another safety, then we simply should not do it .

I could not bring myself to do anything outside the law, and this virus laws are just the same. We have all had a letter its clear what we must do. If we obey that to the full we will achieve the NHS protection and save lives as outlined.

Bending fudging rules or even fitting them into comfortable self imposed moral packages at the back of ones mind is no use to a person. When my reckless disregard for clear and concise guidelines are ignored. What if a person found out they were carrying, and that the district nurse who had stopped on that quiet road to gather her emotions after a difficult day, leaning on the gate i opened an hour before and she ended up with some mucous from my infection via a slight cough infecting her. > Sorry i don’t want that on my conscience, i love people , and one of the most moving stories of this god awe full situation was the nurse in italy, had been working hard not knowing she was carrying, and felt she had infected many and she could not live with her mistake and took her own life.

No we should all do exactly as we are told to the T.

Stay home protect the NHS and save lives. If your working ok just observe the proper protocol etc. But deciding i think its a good idea to go protect a crop or boll over a few foxes.  NAH! not me . I will do as i am told and obey the law. Its just the way i think and its the right way. .

6 hours ago, lancer425 said:

Because we all could be carrying, we need to do as we are Told exactly. Not pick and chose what we want or do not want to do.

If there is one single opportunity where what we do can even remotely compromise another safety, then we simply should not do it .

I could not bring myself to do anything outside the law, and this virus laws are just the same. We have all had a letter its clear what we must do. If we obey that to the full we will achieve the NHS protection and save lives as outlined.

Bending fudging rules or even fitting them into comfortable self imposed moral packages at the back of ones mind is no use to a person. When my reckless disregard for clear and concise guidelines are ignored. What if a person found out they were carrying, and that the district nurse who had stopped on that quiet road to gather her emotions after a difficult day, leaning on the gate i opened an hour before and she ended up with some mucous from my infection via a slight cough infecting her. > Sorry i don’t want that on my conscience, i love people , and one of the most moving stories of this god awe full situation was the nurse in italy, had been working hard not knowing she was carrying, and felt she had infected many and she could not live with her mistake and took her own life.

Stay home protect the NHS and save lives. If your working ok just observe the proper protocol etc. But deciding i think its a good idea to go protect a crop or boll over a few foxes.  NAH! not me . I will do as i am told and obey the law. Its just the way i think and its the right way. .

I’m assuming the info’ in your letter remains the same as it has been from the outset? If so, then nothing has changed.
Ive been observing that info’ from the outset, and have put no one at risk.  
I’m assuming neither myself nor my OH are carriers as neither of us has infected the other, and I remain unconvinced as to how anyone sat in a field is a risk to anyone. 

7 hours ago, lancer425 said:

You could wear gloves. The nurse should maybe think twice before leaning on random gate posts!

14 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Sorry but way too much common sense for this debate Motty.

The words ‘common sense’ and ‘Motty’ have been used quite a bit in the same sentence on this forum of late. 

Edited by JDog

#lancer425.... [and a couple of others]

You seem think that all this 'guidance' and 'advice' etc is law, as you keep saying in your posts. It's not law,,,, yet.

So please stop forcing your opinion on those of us that are intelligent and responsible enough to do what we want to do inside the 'guidance' from the Govt, thank you 😊