Update from BASC / DEFRA

1 hour ago, JKD said:

#lancer425.... [and a couple of others]

You seem think that all this 'guidance' and 'advice' etc is law, as you keep saying in your posts. It's not law,,,, yet.

So please stop forcing your opinion on those of us that are intelligent and responsible enough to do what we want to do inside the 'guidance' from the Govt, thank you 😊

if anyone thinks this guidance will save them it CANT it’s designed to take pressure of the nhs NOTHING ELSE you will be cleaning everything that comes into your home from food to loo roll for MONTHS do most clean their debit card NO your keys NO carrier bags your shopping comes in NO there are NO end of surfaces this could be on over time you WILL slip up so stop screaming stay in stay in 

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, clangerman said:

if anyone thinks this guidance will save them it CANT it’s designed to take pressure of the nhs NOTHING ELSE you will be cleaning everything that comes into your home from food to loo roll for MONTHS do most clean their debit card NO your keys NO carrier bags your shopping comes in NO there are NO end of surfaces this could be on over time you WILL slip up so stop screaming stay in stay in 

Doing that already 🙂 Stick to the guidance to stay in. If I have shooting work to do I do it but make sure it is essential and I can demonstrate it if requested. :good:

2 hours ago, motty said:

You could wear gloves. The nurse should maybe think twice before leaning on random gate posts!

I have been wearing gloves where I have to touch any external surface be that items from the shop or a farm gate. Seems an easy precaution together with an achol spray to do my gloves and stearing wheel and any other surface I may have touched with them. 

Edited by oowee

5 hours ago, Scully said:

I’m assuming the info’ in your letter remains the same as it has been from the outset? If so, then nothing has changed.
Ive been observing that info’ from the outset, and have put no one at risk.  
I’m assuming neither myself nor my OH are carriers as neither of us has infected the other, and I remain unconvinced as to how anyone sat in a field is a risk to anyone. 

Fine . i am not trying to convince anyone of anything. But i will stay home protect the NHS and save lives.  i suggest others do the same until we are told to go out and carry out pest control.

4 hours ago, motty said:

You could wear gloves. The nurse should maybe think twice before leaning on random gate posts!

Accepted and there are millions of other scenarios as to how the virus could get on that or any other gate etc. But fact is if we stay home do as asked we will prevent the spread of the virus as much as possible and save lives.

2 hours ago, clangerman said:

With the greatest respect i disagree with you. And i think your treading a very dangerous road with this attitude .

Of course the stay home is designed to protect the NHS it has never said any other.

We all need to get infected and perhaps gain some imunity from this, but in a steady curve and at a rate the NHS can control. It has always been about flattening the curve. At this moment in time. we need to do as told, stay home . unless as outlined in your letter .

14 hours ago, clangerman said:

thinking this may get awkward down the line shooting drill or sprouting crops is one thing but how can you justify a laid patch of barley later on i would be hard pushed to turn out unless it was a very large patch 

I would have thought you would be more justified shooting over a laid ripe field of corn, rather than shooting over spilt grain that have very little chance of germinating at a time when we are heading towards the peak of the pandemic  :hmm:

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

I would have thought you would be more justified shooting over a laid ripe field of corn, rather than shooting over spilt grain that have very little chance of germinating at a time when we are heading towards the peak of the pandemic  :hmm:

i would not shoot over spilt grain on the top a good inspection and a call for assistance takes place before i make a move have about 800 on a perm now but no phone call no turn out 

1 hour ago, lancer425 said:

With the greatest respect i disagree with you. And i think your treading a very dangerous road with this attitude .

Of course the stay home is designed to protect the NHS it has never said any other.

We all need to get infected and perhaps gain some imunity from this, but in a steady curve and at a rate the NHS can control. It has always been about flattening the curve. At this moment in time. we need to do as told, stay home . unless as outlined in your letter .

from the numbers dead i didn’t need a letter from idiots who failed to shut the border on day one to alert me to the dangers which is one of the reasons your safer in a empty field let’s not forget we may well have been clear by now had pounds NOT been put before lives 

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

from the numbers dead i didn’t need a letter from idiots who failed to shut the border on day one to alert me to the dangers which is one of the reasons your safer in a empty field let’s not forget we may well have been clear by now had pounds NOT been put before lives 

Sorry but i do not think your comments are justified. The government were and still are in a difficult position, and i feel they have done about all they can in these circumstances. Your opinion may vary.

Just now, lancer425 said:

Sorry but i do not think your comments are justified. The government were and still are in a difficult position, and i feel they have done about all they can in these circumstances. Your opinion may vary.

definitely varys if the doors shut nothing can get in if boris has done such a good job maybe you would like to take my daughters place dealing with people full of hepatitis and hiv is enough without the virus 

8 minutes ago, clangerman said:

definitely varys if the doors shut nothing can get in if boris has done such a good job maybe you would like to take my daughters place dealing with people full of hepatitis and hiv is enough without the virus 

I do not see how i ever could replace your daughter. and what she is doing. And again i do not see the relevance to me or my capacities. I am sure we are all great full to her, but how do you fit me in with that. ?

3 hours ago, lancer425 said:

Fine . i am not trying to convince anyone of anything. But i will stay home protect the NHS and save lives.  i suggest others do the same until we are told to go out and carry out pest control.

Prepare to be in for a very long time then.

Not being rude but I don't expect any agency other than Defra - who appear to be asleep on the job again - to even think about specifying pest control as a reason to venture out into safer wide open spaces that are off any public footpath, where they are wanted to be on, any time soon. As for ANYONE telling us to do it - really?

Edited by Dave-G

2 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

I do not see how i ever could replace your daughter. and what she is doing. And again i do not see the relevance to me or my capacities. I am sure we are all great full to her, but how do you fit me in with that. ?

i don’t need people patting boris on the back when this mess could have been all but avoided had he acted in time when they are enjoying the safety provided by my family 

6 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

As for telling us to do it - really?

I will do as i am told and at the moment i am not seeing anywhere where the government are telling me to go out protecting crops of livestock.

I will stay home, you draw whatever conclusions you want from anything the government say, and risk whatever you want to risk. be it your licence or your or others lives. me i will do as i am told.

32 minutes ago, clangerman said:

from the numbers dead i didn’t need a letter from idiots who failed to shut the border on day one

If the border had been shut on 'day one'; I'd still be stuck in Germany, running up one hell of a hotel bill.  

36 minutes ago, clangerman said:

I'm assuming your daughter works in an HIV clinic, where there's quite a lot of health tourism? We're very lax in this country about checking entitlement to treatment.  But, the issue of health tourism is, in the main, completely unrelated to COVID-19, surely?  Don't get me wrong, It's an important issue, and personally I wish we took a far harder line on it, as by its very nature it will always be under-reported.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Prepare to be in for a very long time then.

Not being rude but I don't expect any agency other than Defra - who appear to be asleep on the job again - to even think about specifying pest control as a reason to venture out into safer wide open spaces that are off any public footpath, where they are wanted to be on, any time soon. As for ANYONE telling us to do it - really?

DEFRA can't even get it right for those of us who have livestock to check, so I wouldn't hold you hopes for them sorting pest control

55 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

If the border had been shut on 'day one'; I'd still be stuck in Germany, running up one hell of a hotel bill.  

I'm assuming your daughter works in an HIV clinic, where there's quite a lot of health tourism? We're very lax in this country about checking entitlement to treatment.  But, the issue of health tourism is, in the main, completely unrelated to COVID-19, surely?  Don't get me wrong, It's an important issue, and personally I wish we took a far harder line on it, as by its very nature it will always be under-reported.

no thanks to this mess now working face to face housing the homeless you name it they have it she’s scared to death 

3 hours ago, clangerman said:

from idiots who failed to shut the border

I would suggest you would have a totally different view, if you or one of your family were trapped abroad on business or pleasure when the lock down came.

Just now, JJsDad said:

I would suggest you would have a totally different view, if you or one of your family were trapped abroad on business or pleasure when the lock down came.

no i would not because i would have made sure they came home at the first sign it hit china delay costs lives 

2 minutes ago, clangerman said:

no i would not because i would have made sure they came home at the first sign it hit china delay costs lives 

because you knew that it would be a pandemic that would sweep around the world?

And when exactly did it hit China 

the dates given by the Chinese? 
more some time before that 

currently have a good friend stuck abroad been quoted a astronomical figure for a flight home if one becomes available and with boarders and airports shut not looking very good for her 

I appreciate that your emotions are high because you can’t do what you would like to and your worried about your daughter 

a lot of people are in the same boat 

9 hours ago, JKD said:

#lancer425.... [and a couple of others]

You seem think that all this 'guidance' and 'advice' etc is law, as you keep saying in your posts. It's not law,,,, yet.

So please stop forcing your opinion on those of us that are intelligent and responsible enough to do what we want to do inside the 'guidance' from the Govt, thank you 😊

It's been law for a while now.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/350/contents/made