Update from BASC / DEFRA

9 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Once he has a gun he is not exersising anymore in the eyes of the law hes shooting. If he can walk out his door with his gun and his dog walk a mile up his field and shoot a rabbit. he might just scrape past as exercise"may be" . But going out to a field  sitting down with a gun would clearly mean he was out there hunting.   Now even the walk out with the gun scemario is flawed in that What were his intentions, was he going out with a gun, to hunt primarialy, or did he have the gun with him as part of his exersise food gathering. Might squeze it through, but WHY WOULD YOU> ? We need to look at the bare bones of johnsons letter which is stay home protect the NHS save lives. And we are then back to the UNLESS part. This is a fact here we do need to be responsible get this right peoples lives depend on this. We need to get behind the guidance not be looking for ways we can get by as normal because we think we are special.

You are obfuscating the issue. What if he went out just for the walk and to read a book while sunbathing in total isolation for several hours? That's not as safe as staying home to protect the NHS.... Just because a politician has said stay home? 

Edited by Dave-G

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dave-G said:

New build housing isnt NEEDED , mowing grass verges isn't needed but thats OK because >Gov doesn't want to pay them to stay home. I don't think you are quite grasping that some .Gov is just fudge thats sounds and tastes great but is really ****. You don't seem to realise that they want the herd to get infected in manageable rates as the best way of dealing with it until a vaccine becomes available.

If you feel politicians and police chiefs know more about pest control than you then just stay home and relax. You really do need to relax your stance a little.

For the record, due to wet ground then CV I have not personally been out shooting yet. It is way overdue but until its certain the police ain't gonna bust my nuts I won't be going. Land owners have had a seriously tough 6 months or so - on top of not very good harvests last year.

No i dont i need to relax nothing. Its clear what the government want us all to do, i want to be out killing foxes right here and now,  But its not what is expected of me. I have as of this moment no need to be out after them. that could change in the next 3 mins or it might be three months.

Its not about not going its about flowing the law what’s expected.

We need to stay home period no moot point its there in black and white and what we all need to be doing. Regardless of what we want to do. .

2 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

No i dont i need to relax nothing. Its clear what the government want us all to do, i want to be out killing foxes right here and now,  But its not what is expected of me. I have as of this moment no need to be out after them. that could change in the next 3 mins or it might be three months.

Its not about not going its about flowing the law what’s expected.

We need to stay home period no moot point its there in black and white and what we all need to be doing. Regardless of what we want to do. .

HA Ha you makes I larf. Sounds to me like if Bojo said put ya hand it the fire you'd do it. I'm done with your naivety. :)

3 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

HA Ha you makes I larf. Sounds to me like if Bojo said put ya hand it the fire you'd do it. I'm done with your naivety. :)

So remind me where we are not in a pandemic remind me where this ever happened before, and where the government ever went to such lengths before this. ?

NO Sir you are the Naive one not me. !

12 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

You are obfuscating the issue. What if he went out just for the walk and to read a book while sunbathing in total isolation for several hours? That's not as safe as staying home to protect the NHS.... Just because a politician has said stay home? 

the polititians who are spouting the "stay home to protect the NHS" are the the ones travelling the country to their holiday/second homes

3 hours ago, clangerman said:

here’s a lesson in life chaps thanks  to a couple trying to dictate and insult me last night it inspired me to switch from waiting for farmers to call to ringing them so i’m now out this afternoon and tomorrow how ironic is that lol 

Sorry  but if the farmers arent calling you then surely your trip isnt neccessary .?

Many people on this forum dont even seem to understand the work guidelines so they have little chance of understanding the shooting side of it.you dont have to have an essential job just be unable to work from home and be able to stay within government social distancing guidelines when at work.Hence gamekeepers and pest controllers can carry on normally.If you dont understand this after 3 weeks you really shouldnt be posting at all on this subject.

On reflection regarding the Basc interpretation of government guidelines that i criticised earlier in this thread and and having read there  guidelines i must apologise to them because it says all it needs to very well.As DavidBasc said before he left it was clear but just not some wanted to hear.

Many of the farmers down here are blocking public rights of way and illegally stopping  public access (i am not going to judge them ) but it does seem to paint a different picture to what we are hearing on this forum especially as the likes of clangerman are  now actively seeking them out for permission !

4 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

the polititians who are spouting the "stay home to protect the NHS" are the the ones travelling the country to their holiday/second homes

I imagine id any member of our society was advised by their doctors to isolate and recover from this virus and stay away from vulnerable loved ones and  to go to their second home they would be breaking no laws.

21 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

If you were to ask those on the front line dealing with the patients they would be telling you to stay at home as well.

I would guess all of the nursing and medical staff in direct contact with covid19 patients would say stay at home and in all likelihood are following that same advice  to the letter when not working which is in contrast to the minority of politician caught out travelling while advocating rightly that the general population should stay at home.

I know of only 2 politicians caught out ,there may be more but the arrogance displayed by them is no different than that displayed by other selfish people concerned only with themselves and oblivious of the need to do all they can to prevent the spread of the virus

Edited by Konor
Addition

2 hours ago, lancer425 said:

No i am really not, your only saying i am becoming obsessed because you know full well your on very swampy ground indeed.

The guidance is crisatal clear to me and millions of others, and you do not need to be a chef medical officer to see straight through the futile attitudes that are prevailing in a few on here, to basicaly do just what the heck they want slap bang in the middle of a pandemic.

The rules dont apply to these people because they are so special and after all They say WHAT CAN BE THE HARM IN THAT.   My answer to that question is no idea but im told to stop the **** in save lives, what did your letter tell you to do.

You really do need to chill out, it’s starting to effect your spelling. 
I’m not on swampy ground at all ( although it is a little moist where the tadpoles are ) because I’m not basically doing just what the heck  I want. What I am doing is putting absolutely no one at risk at all by any means; nor am I flaunting any rules either, as I’m isolated both at work, home and otherwise, just as we are instructed to be.

You may be more ‘special’ than I, as Boris hasn’t written to me.

I think we’re done here; there’s nothing to be gained from going round and round in circles. 

16 minutes ago, holloway said:

Sorry  but if the farmers arent calling you then surely your trip isnt neccessary .?

Many people on this forum dont even seem to understand the work guidelines so they have little chance of understanding the shooting side of it.you dont have to have an essential job just be unable to work from home and be able to stay within government social distancing guidelines when at work.Hence gamekeepers and pest controllers can carry on normally.If you dont understand this after 3 weeks you really shouldnt be posting at all on this subject.

On reflection regarding the Basc interpretation of government guidelines that i criticised earlier in this thread and and having read there  guidelines i must apologise to them because it says all it needs to very well.As DavidBasc said before he left it was clear but just not some wanted to hear.

Many of the farmers down here are blocking public rights of way and illegally stopping  public access (i am not going to judge them ) but it does seem to paint a different picture to what we are hearing on this forum especially as the likes of clangerman are  now actively seeking them out for permission !

I’ve been told some farmers locally to me have been blocking rights of way such as bridle paths and public footpaths also. They have no right to do so, and have been told so by a couple of locals. It’s causing a bit of friction I believe. 

41 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

New build housing isnt NEEDED , mowing grass verges isn't needed but thats OK because >Gov doesn't want to pay them to stay home. I don't think you are quite grasping that some .Gov is just fudge thats sounds and tastes great but is really ****. You don't seem to realise that they want the herd to get infected in manageable rates as the best way of dealing with it until a vaccine becomes available.

If you feel politicians and police chiefs know more about pest control than you then just stay home and relax. You really do need to relax your stance a little.

For the record, due to wet ground then CV I have not personally been out shooting yet. It is way overdue but until its certain the police ain't gonna bust my nuts I won't be going. Land owners have had a seriously tough 6 months or so - on top of not very good harvests last year.

Dave you are posting on government guidelines for work which you dont seem to understand ,please study them again what you are posting is just wrong ,the guideline for work says if you cannot work from home you can continue to go out to work(does not have to be essential work  ) but only if you can adhere to government guidelines, this debate about building sites staying open etc has been going on for the last 3 weeks have you been away ? mowing grass verges can be done safely building work was debated very early in this crisis and it became clear to many that they could not keep there workers safe others thought they could and continued working. Just saying.

I could go out shooting (pigeon) land where i could guarantee not to see a soul. I think i could justify doing it on the grounds that i am:

1) Exercising. I'd burn a considerable number of calories simply getting set up, shooting and packing up afterwards. OK it's not exercising in the traditional sense but i think if challenged of course it would stand up to scrutiny. This activity is actually less of a risk to others than running in a park ( which i do not do) crammed with other runners. 

2) Killing pests that threaten putting food on the table without putting any other person at risk. 

3) Making sure the killed are used for my own consumption and the remains incinerated.      

But just at this moment i have decided to stay ay home. 

Edited by Whitebridges

15 minutes ago, Scully said:

You really do need to chill out, it’s starting to effect your spelling. 
I’m not on swampy ground at all ( although it is a little moist where the tadpoles are ) because I’m not basically doing just what the heck  I want. What I am doing is putting absolutely no one at risk at all by any means; nor am I flaunting any rules either, as I’m isolated both at work, home and otherwise, just as we are instructed to be.

You may be more ‘special’ than I, as Boris hasn’t written to me.

I think we’re done here; there’s nothing to be gained from going round and round in circles. 

When everything you got to give amounts to misinformation, and you know you have made a fool of yourself. Bring out the spelling .

But your so right we are done here you and me.

6 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

When everything you got to give amounts to misinformation, and you know you have made a fool of yourself. Bring out the spelling .

But your so right we are done here you and me.

I’d be very interested in learning how you think I’ve made a fool of myself, or misinformed anyone. 
It’s a bit rich coming from someone with a power addiction; trying to tell everyone how they should conduct their lives while in isolation/social distancing! 
Like I’ve said, you get on with your life and leave others to get on with theirs. 👍

3 minutes ago, Whitebridges said:

I could go out shooting (pigeon) land where i could guarantee not to see a soul. I think i could justify doing it on the grounds that i am:

1) Exercising. I'd burn a considerable number of calories simply getting set up, shooting and packing up afterwards. OK it's not exercising in the traditional sense but i think if challenged of course it would stand up to scrutiny. This activity is actually less of a risk to others than running in a park ( which i do not do) crammed with other runners. 

2) Killing pests that threaten putting food on the table without putting any other person at risk. 

3) Making sure the killed are used for my own consumption and the remains incinerated.      

Your logic is commendable, but i do not share your optimism it would stand up if challenged. I think it would be history very early on in proceedings.

The fact is the PM has laid out what he expects / needs us to do. We really need to obey him, not look for ways of carrying on with our sport. If we have real events that need our involvement, with absolutely no other option available. and really on say animal welfare rather than crop protection. Crop protection though important is Economic not Involving living things suffering. We must look at what we simply must do, not be looking for ways of doing what we want to do. We need to do our utmost to comply with the government at this difficult time.

3 hours ago, lancer425 said:

:lol:How silly you are. That is exactly what you are doing making up your own rules based on your missguided opinion of your own knowledge. But the worst part is your encouraging others to think likewise, At least in my case i am only advocating doing as the PM wants us to all do which is stay home apart from food health or work when you can not work from home. Its very simple stuff this. We just need to obey the government and less people will lose theior lives to this terrible virus.

Its not our place to decide we know better than the chief medical officer and make the executive decision that us out in the country shooting is safe . It has the potential to spread the disease, its that important. The government are learning about the desease and how it spreads, testing etc. If you chaps have a higher understanding of this virus, then you need to be telling the government.:lol:

The real facts are this is not about crop protection at all, its about special people with special Needs. They are everywhere knowing better in parks not socialy distancing nipping around to mates, driving around in cars taking dogs . its happening every day every where. They like you chaps are all knowledgable and know more than the government ever could. Very special people.

Sorry, but you are talking utter ****! Shooters talking just a little care have pretty much 0 risk of spreading a virus. It is hilarious! The whole 1 hour exercise thing is an absolute joke. I was at work on Friday, on the edge of the marsh. I watched several people, all in the course of a half hour, open the exact same gate to access the marsh path. Yes, they were all well away from each other, but what a mockery it makes of the whole thing. I don't understand what is so important about an hour of exercise per day. Why did the government add that into the allowed reasons for leaving the house? It is ridiculous! Not a wise move on the part of the government.

1 minute ago, Scully said:

I’d be very interested in learning how you think I’ve made a fool of myself, or misinformed anyone. 
It’s a bit rich coming from someone with a power addiction; trying to tell everyone how they should conduct their lives while in isolation/social distancing! 
Like I’ve said, you get on with your life and leave others to get on with theirs. 👍

I thought you were done with this.

2 hours ago, lancer425 said:

They are not handling people "Infected people" and safety rules distancing guidance rules will be well known to them. You need to ask your son. He will certainly know if he is in the shop floor.

I went the shop the other morning, was supprised how good the safetey was, i think they are doing a good job. Safe distancing only so many in stare any one time. I did not need to queue, straigh in got what i needed out, all felt safe to me. 

Are you a bit simple? Think of all the items that have been touched by any number of people. Hardly safer than going shooting, is it!  I haven't set foot in ANY shop since all this started. Think on that.

Just now, motty said:

Sorry, but you are talking utter ****! Shooters talking just a little care have pretty much 0 risk of spreading a virus. It is hilarious! The whole 1 hour exercise thing is an absolute joke. I was at work on Friday, on the edge of the marsh. I watched several people, all in the course of a half hour, open the exact same gate to access the marsh path. Yes, they were all well away from each other, but what a mockery it makes of the whole thing. I don't understand what is so important about an hour of exercise per day. Why did the government add that into the allowed reasons for leaving the house? It is ridiculous! Not a wise move on the part of the government.

I can 100% guarantee my staying home here, has had zero effect on the spread of this virus today. Can any pigeon shoter today who decided he had to go out give a 100% guarantee he spread nothing. Stay home its what they want us to do PLEASE STAY HOME means that.

9 minutes ago, motty said:

Are you a bit simple? Think of all the items that have been touched by any number of people. Hardly safer than going shooting, is it!  I haven't set foot in ANY shop since all this started. Think on that.

NO im not simple but i HAD TO GO NO OTHER OPTION WHATSOEVER> > And What i did is a risk yes but one the governmebnt recognise as a risk we must acept. If i could have got stuff delivered i would have and left it until i felt the packaging clear of any microbes. But we are all at risk, all the time. and presisely why we need to obey the guidance exactly not pick out the parts we like and reject the rest.

2 minutes ago, shaun4860 said:

And once again petty squabbling is threatening to have a thread closed.

STOP please!!!!

And yes this is a final warning, it will close and people will suffer the consequences.

Your right Sorry. guilty as charged. :blush:

1 hour ago, lancer425 said:

I imagine id any member of our society was advised by their doctors to isolate and recover from this virus and stay away from vulnerable loved ones and  to go to their second home they would be breaking no laws.

And there go all your previous arguments!  So it is fine to travel hundreds of miles to go to a second home? You need to make your mind up on what your argument is!

15 minutes ago, motty said:

And there go all your previous arguments!  So it is fine to travel hundreds of miles to go to a second home? You need to make your mind up on what your argument is!

Where did i mentiom hundreds of miles. ? I replied to Andrewluke taking it he was making reference to Johnson recuperating at checkers. thats 43.9  miles from ST Thomas hospital  and 40.5 miles from 10 downing street not hundreds of miles. .

8 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Where did i mentiom hundreds of miles. ? I replied to Andrewluke taking it he was making reference to Johnson recuperating at checkers. thats 43.9  miles from ST Thomas hospital  and 40.5 miles from 10 downing street not hundreds of miles. .

where did i make a reference to johnson???,he hadn't entered my head!

SNP health minister and the housing minister below

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-housing-secretary-robert-jenrick-defends-visiting-elderly-parents-during-lockdown-11971420

Edited by andrewluke