Update from BASC / DEFRA

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, shaun4860 said:

And once again petty squabbling is threatening to have a thread closed.

STOP please!!!!

And yes this is a final warning, it will close and people will suffer the consequences.

:shaun:

This is probably the most sensible post on this thread for a while!

3 hours ago, Konor said:

At least it’s kept a few folk indoors 😂

It certainly has me, I'm in a high risk group. I've not left the property since about 3AM on the day 24 hour supermarkets all commenced closing overnight, think that's about 5 weeks ago ish now. I was one of about twenty shoppers in the massive Tesco superstore. None of the staff were wearing masks. 

Its quite ironic because I could be out in a field for several hours when the wife returns from shopping where virus could be on her hair, skin and clothing to fall off and infect us both before she changes. But compelling me to stay at home puts us both more at risk of ending up close with NHS staff to satisfy the gradual herd infection rate that the government is seemingly currently promoting until vaccine or better options become more practical and let more people leave home.

How many other people OK to go out to work for instance will come home with some virus on them and their clothing - and how much blows in the window from infected neighbours in dense population estates. Both my neighbours houses have one person going out to work.  :hmm:

The STAY HOME policy could be causing a regular stream of the herd, some of who will be going to a morgue. 

Every cloud has a silver lining for various politicians: That's one way of reducing the housing crisis, not forgetting the pensions bill, care homes and high prescriptions liabilities too. I trust nobody is naive enough to think this hasn't been at least discussed at high levels during appraisals about future financial recovery.

The vast majority of us are going to have to go out and get infected at some point in time, but just not right here and now. Staying home if you possibly can is the way right now. And it will probably continue for some weeks to come, until we see a drop in activity.

8 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

And once again petty squabbling is threatening to have a thread closed.

STOP please!!!!

And yes this is a final warning, it will close and people will suffer the consequences.

PLEASE PLEASE CLOSE THE THREAD i am suffering the consequences of the thread going on and on over the same ground.

johnnie

The vast majority of us are going to have to go out and get infected at some point in time, but just not right here and now. Staying home if you possibly can is the way right now. And it will probably continue for some weeks to come, until we see a drop in activity.

We will have to go out to buy essential items like milk and bread in the next day or two. We will do everything in power not to get infected as you suggest. You must be the life and sole of any party you miserable person. May I ask how you managing to stay in, are you using the assistance of other people or did you stock pile prior to locking down ?