Marksman 1790

Farmboy91

I had one of these for my first air gun, must be getting on for 15-20 years ago now. Id all but forgot about it having not seen it in an eternity.

Poking round in the garage earlier looking for another stock, moved an old fold up table and there it is. I pulled it out and brushed the cobwebs off, it's been broken on the forend peice of the plastic and taped back together at some point. I can only guess this was down to a certain younger brother and most probably the reason it was hidden where it was. 

I will stick a picture on when I can, this thing had thousands of pellets through it, stuck half a dozen through before I tucked it away and it still managed to dent an old frying pan 😂

Genuinely glad I found it, even if it is broken. 

I recently just sold mine that I bought a while back. I had every intention of fully restoring it but after watching the process of stripping it I decided not to. 

Got to say, I was extremely impressed with it. My 10mtr range I used to blast the center out quite a bit, but it had a really weird trigger where it was all pull with the tiniest let off at the end. I'm 6'6'' and quite broad but the stock was lovely stood up, absolutely unusable sat or rested. 

After learning that they are still under £100 new which hasn't changed since I saw them first in about mid 90s id be tempted to get one for the boy when we getter a bigger garden. 

17 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

I recently just sold mine that I bought a while back. I had every intention of fully restoring it but after watching the process of stripping it I decided not to. 

Got to say, I was extremely impressed with it. My 10mtr range I used to blast the center out quite a bit, but it had a really weird trigger where it was all pull with the tiniest let off at the end. I'm 6'6'' and quite broad but the stock was lovely stood up, absolutely unusable sat or rested. 

After learning that they are still under £100 new which hasn't changed since I saw them first in about mid 90s id be tempted to get one for the boy when we getter a bigger garden. 

Yeah my trigger is exactly the same, the big thing for me was as a weedy 10 or so year old I could break the thing. It cocks ridiculously easy. 

I did have a Google before I posted on here and too have decided it's not coming apart anymore than it already is 😂 I would like to sort the forend though rather than just taping it back up. 

17 minutes ago, mad1 said:

Well done...I remember my diana .177 "pop out" ...wish I still had it..😪

Stay safe 

M1

I was looking for one of those to go with my GAT gun but since freeads stopped the sporting section there's not so many about to look at.

I have also got a Jackal somewhere, although it's not pretty though.

Edited by Farmboy91

4 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I have also got a Jackal somewhere, although it's not pretty though.

Is that the m16 look a like thing air arms made? 

4 hours ago, mad1 said:

Well done...I remember my diana .177 "pop out" ...wish I still had it..😪

Stay safe 

M1

Thats also the milbro mod 2? Got one in the garage somewhere if it is. Believe it was rebranded but excatly the same gun 

Edited by strimmer_13

2 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Is that the m16 look a like thing air arms made? 

Thats also the milbro mod 2? Got one in the garage somewhere if it is. Believe it was rebranded but excatly the same gun 

Mines a Sussex armouries I believe but mine has a wooden stock instead of the plastic. I'll take a picture or two tomorrow.

I'll have to see if there is any kicking around in the draws, I think tidied up a bit it will make a nice plinker for the garden, might even see if I can dig out a spare scope for it.

I'm not sure id be able to save the woodwork, it's got a bit of dry rot in the forend and a couple screws In I didn't realise were there, trigger guard is missing too 😂. It wasn't actually mine I had it given to me about 10 years ago and I never done anything with it.