Looking for a adult BB gun.

NoBodyImportant

I want a BB gun to leave at my fishing shack.  The lot is tiny 50ftx100ft  but I still want something that will sling them.  Preferably something that will fire BBs as they are dirt cheap compared to pellets.  I plan on building a back stop on the side of my out building.  I really like the RWS model 34 but it’s pellet only.  The public parking is closed to the beaches due to the virus  but I’m walking distance so I’m going down to fish for a few weeks.  

My total collection of guns is 2 12b

browning 725 O/U sportier

Vincenzo BERNADELLI  SxS

i quite fancy a BBC/pellet gun ( didn't realise this until,I went to gun show last month )

i posted on here about the Sig Sauer 226, wanting to know If it was any good or just a man toy   But only got one response  I fancied this as it does both BB and pellets

27 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of guns that fire BB's and Pellets would be smooth bore - BB guns are famously inaccurate and a pellet fired down a non rifled barrel is likely to give similar results?

I have 2 air pistols that fire both BBs and pellets, both have rifled barrels according to the paperwork.

I had a daisy that was a pump up like a crossman, smooth bore, and could hit a can 15 yards away. Used to get a mate to chuck a bucket in the air and try and hit it. How we still have eyes I don't know. 

Get a crossman triple strike if you have them, it was my wet dream of a gun when I was young 😂

1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

Used to get a mate to chuck a bucket in the air and try and hit it. How we still have eyes I don't know. 

My brother and I used to do similar, and also shoot each other “don’t aim for the head” with BB guns and catapults when mucking about in the woods. When we discovered “pellet guns” aged 10/11 then we took them much more seriously and started shooting rabbits, woodies, squirrels instead of each other! 

11 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

My brother and I used to do similar, and also shoot each other “don’t aim for the head” with BB guns and catapults when mucking about in the woods. 

Yea excatly the same, wheel bearings were a favourite. Also had the **** idea of finding one of dad's shotgun carts and taping it onto the top of my air rifle. Not a lot happened thankfully just it blew the cast iron front of the gun off. Also my mate shot me with his superstar, i have a lovely scar on my ankle. We were wild kids, luckily got away with it. The guy I work with wasn't, he only has one eye due to a catapult. 

That’s awful about his eye. I didn’t grow up in a shooting family, that was the danger, my boys are much better set up fortunately. My eldest was 4 and we put up some balloons to shoot in the garden with the S410. It was great fun. However as a precaution, I took the magazines and pellets with me when resetting the targets down range. Despite specific instructions to the contrary, my boy had touched the empty gun. End of session. I told him the next day that we could only use my guns again when he is old enough to get rid of all of his toy guns. 

In the early/mid 1990s our BB guns were a pump action (Crosman?) shotgun style long gun and a G10 pistol exactly like this: https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogue/lot/d2e06681355b13e3d4d4d167bdbe7be7/cd70f4cbf48520cdc8c71a7b69c5117e/general-collectable-sale/

4 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

That’s awful about his eye. I didn’t grow up in a shooting family, that was the danger, my boys are much better set up fortunately. My eldest was 4 and we put up some balloons to shoot in the garden with the S410. It was great fun. However as a precaution, I took the magazines and pellets with me when resetting the targets down range. Despite specific instructions to the contrary, my boy had touched the empty gun. End of session. I told him the next day that we could only use my guns again when he is old enough to get rid of all of his toy guns. 

In the early/mid 1990s our BB guns were a pump action (Crosman?) shotgun style long gun and a G10 pistol exactly like this: https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogue/lot/d2e06681355b13e3d4d4d167bdbe7be7/cd70f4cbf48520cdc8c71a7b69c5117e/general-collectable-sale/

I remember having a pump action BB gun, I think there were two versions, one looked at bit tactical.

I had the standard one, fired steel BB's, it might have broken a shed window or two... 🤫

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

Very similar to this

Screenshot_20200331-154705.png

Ours was similar to that, it had the red bead front sight too! In my memory it was much sleeker, but sleek to an 8 year old could be anything. I bet my dad still has it in his house, he’s such a hoarder. When I got a sexy SMK B2-1 🙈 I lent the pump to my mate John Smith and he killed a blackbird, felt remorse about that to this day. Between my brother and me the arms race started with me getting a G10 ▶️ my bro a pump BB ▶️ Me a B2-1 (.177) ▶️  Him a B2-1 (.177) one was bad enough! ▶️ Webley scout (.22) ▶️ Crosman Ratcatcher ▶️ TX200HC ▶️ Gunpower Stealth ▶️ S410. He no longer shoots, whereas I’ve a .308” so it became a somewhat onesided arms race in the later years 🤣

The Ratcatcher CO2 was the only bad gun, all the others we thought were fantastic for a time. I remember persuading my brother to get the Ratty but it never lived up to expectations. CO2 was useless at 3°C and crazily expensive for young boys, it didn’t have enough power to kill a mouse. I still feel sick when I see pictures or mentions of that model, takes me back to my brother’s disappointment and my bad advice. 

3 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

😂 I think it's very much one sided.

I always wanted a G10 too, when I think back about the different BB guns and air guns I had I can't believe I was allowed them.

Clearly our parents were incredibly negligent!

4 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

The Ratcatcher CO2 was the only bad gun, all the others we thought were fantastic for a time. I remember persuading my brother to get the Ratty but it never lived up to expectations. CO2 was useless at 3°C and crazily expensive for young boys, it didn’t have enough power to kill a mouse. I still feel sick when I see pictures or mentions of that model, takes me back to my brother’s disappointment and my bad advice. 

Clearly our parents were incredibly negligent!

I quite liked my ratcatcher 😂 stopped using it after I moved into shotgun's but I'm starting to want to use the airguns again now.

I won't disagree lol, I think it was a case of buy me the gun I was after so id disappear up the garden out of everyone hair for a while.

13 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I want a BB gun to leave at my fishing shack.  The lot is tiny 50ftx100ft  but I still want something that will sling them.  Preferably something that will fire BBs as they are dirt cheap compared to pellets.  I plan on building a back stop on the side of my out building.  I really like the RWS model 34 but it’s pellet only.  The public parking is closed to the beaches due to the virus  but I’m walking distance so I’m going down to fish for a few weeks.  

Any of the serious airsoft guns would do you , proper replicas of military rifles , battery powered , will throw bb’s accurately up to 100 feet , drawback ..........they are not cheap .......... look up airsoft and see what there is , the pistols are fun to use , gas powered 

We had Airguns from the age of 13 and went to War with the street the other side of the main road - we would gather at the woods next to the local playground and shoot at each other, I still have a scar where I got shot in the back of my arm by a .22 Meteor and my friend has a scar right on the bridge of his nose where he got hit by an Arrow - luckily the steel tip had long since been broken off.

3 hours ago, wraivi said:

Diana Oktoberfest Luftgewehr.... multishot bolt action based on german festival gallery rifles. Supposedly doing a 4.5mm version in the U.S.

Looks like fun. Not expensive either.

I like that. 

21 minutes ago, spurs 14 said:

Any of the serious airsoft guns would do you , proper replicas of military rifles , battery powered , will throw bb’s accurately up to 100 feet , drawback ..........they are not cheap .......... look up airsoft and see what there is , the pistols are fun to use , gas powered 

We have a few of those.  My back yard at the house is covered with those supposedly biodegradable BBs.  I would like to be able to hunt small game also.  Not that I would down there but I want something that’s powerful enough.  

58 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I like that. 

We have a few of those.  My back yard at the house is covered with those supposedly biodegradable BBs.  I would like to be able to hunt small game also.  Not that I would down there but I want something that’s powerful enough.  

Defo no good with bb’s if you want to get game ,have to go air rifle , go look at a multi shop pcp , again not cheap but good fun for plinking and more than capable of taking pigeons , bunnies etc