Made to feel old at work

Agriv8

So classed a key worker mobilising our pensions staff paying ex local gov staff to work from home.

priority last week was older staff and those with health issues. This week was Those needing to support close family.

So talking to one of the lasses while talking  through the security of the remote login procedure . Member of staff had been with us for a good 10 years so not a teenager. But it’s the  fist time I had really struck up a conversation as she works at one of the branch offices. 

me Kayleigh that’s an interesting name !

member of staff oh blame my parents my dad liked this band and they had a song called kayleigh don’t know what the band was called.

me oh it’s one of the first albums I bought !

hell fire I know I am marching on for the half century but that suddenly made me feel bloody old. 

Maybe I should be working from home as high risk !

so come on fess up what suddenly makes you think you may be on the down side of your peak.

ATB Agriv8 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Groaning when you out your socks on, looking for something to help you stand up after kneeling on the floor for five minutes.

Seeing your children get married have children and then think, I've become my dad, I'm in the middle my dad's the elder male now.

You realise you become the next generation, that makes you feel old.

8 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

So classed a key worker mobilising our pensions staff paying ex local gov staff to work from home.

priority last week was older staff and those with health issues. This week was Those needing to support close family.

So talking to one of the lasses while talking  through the security of the remote login procedure . Member of staff had been with us for a good 10 years so not a teenager. But it’s the  fist time I had really struck up a conversation as she works at one of the branch offices. 

me Kayleigh that’s an interesting name !

member of staff oh blame my parents my dad liked this band and they had a song called kayleigh don’t know what the band was called.

me oh it’s one of the first albums I bought !

hell fire I know I am marching on for the half century but that suddenly made me feel bloody old. 

Maybe I should be working from home as high risk !

so come on fess up what suddenly makes you think you may be on the down side of your peak.

ATB Agriv8 

My daughter is called Kayleigh for the exact same reason, she is 27 this year and was due to get married on Saturday but sadly this has been postponed for obvious reasons. 

Mick

Not at work, but when flicking through Netflix at the weekend and saw the original series of "Teachers" with Andrew Lincoln. Which I remember watching and enjoying, then realising it came our 20 years ago 😬

Edited by kennett

8 hours ago, B391 said:

This  - I was 16 when this was released

image.png.962ed72b9d8a543866f803b7a2e14b1c.png

I was 10 and it is still a wonderful album.

As to when I realised I was old, that was when I could not easily pick up heavy stuff and bump it around without feeling pain.

Oh and on Monday one of the young whipper snappers at work was chatting about age and he is 21!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

10 minutes ago, kennett said:

Not at work, but when flicking through Netflix at the weekend and saw the original series of "Teachers" with Andrew Lincoln. Which I remember watching and enjoying, then realising it came our 20 years ago 😬

We've been re-watching This Life with Andrew Lincoln.

References about the length of Princess Di's skirts, smoking in offices, and calls from payphones … it's a tour do force of 90's life!!!

10 minutes ago, macca2017 said:

When you go on a website and have to select your age from a drop down box......scrolling down for ages before you find the year!

That's the one!

and looking in the mirror and seeing your father

27 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Try being the eldest of 6 in your close knit machine shop and only 49 yrs old. 

I get age related banter every day. 

My business partner is 18 months older than me, at 36 she’s (by far) the oldest in our office of 7. I’ve been bullying her about her old age for the last decade. 

Edited by WalkedUp