The Germans

Paul5tag

On 01/04/2020 at 17:32, Paul5tag said:

Well I replaced the scope with a spare 6x40 Tasco, cleaned the barrel,but what I’m thinking made the main difference was as pointed out by opp was the fact the muzzle cap was hand tight, so I give it a good nip. Plus I fed it with Superdomes. I’ll put the old scope back on tomorrow and see what happens!

Good results mate. So changing the scope and the pellets, cleaning the barrel and tightening the mussel cap up leaves you not knowing which was the cause haha. So far the groups are a massive improvement... keep shooting it and see how much better you can be. I do like the look of the lightning myself

17 minutes ago, Arron yeates said:

Good results mate. So changing the scope and the pellets, cleaning the barrel and tightening the mussel cap up leaves you not knowing which was the cause haha. So far the groups are a massive improvement... keep shooting it and see how much better you can be. I do like the look of the lightning myself

Just an update on the lightning, I replaced the original scope back onto it and the groups opened up slightly but a vast improvements on the first lot,but I ran out of superdomes so have give it a rest until I get some whenever that’ll be,having said that I think the main culprit was the muzzle cap because it was erratic just like when you have a off kilter mod.

50 minutes ago, Arron yeates said:

So whats better in the bsa lightning the gas ram or the spring versions

Well Arron, The truth of the matter is this, I don’t know! I’ve never owned either. The lightning I’m messing with now is my brothers, a springer in .22 mk2 xl ,the only other one I’ve experience of also belonged to my brother,it was probably a mk1as it was a few years ago.so no knowledge of the gas ram version. I can say though I like the look of the guns they are and have been inaccurate out of the box and in generally a lot of faff and disappointing.Now I’m not a airgun boffin although I do like them,but I want them to be there are there abouts when it’s taken out of the box ,put pellets in and zeroed.I can’t say this has been my experience with the BSA Lightning.However there’s plenty lads on here that seem to be very knowledgable and say otherwise , but for my money I wouldn’t spend my hard earned, there’s plenty other guns to choose from that perform well without any fuss. ATB Paul.

1 hour ago, Arron yeates said:

So whats better in the bsa lightning the gas ram or the spring versions

The spring version is better .

Mainly because the newer grt /gasrams 

Are found in the mk3  se guns with the naff gammo trigger .which i dont like .

My mate had one in .22 .

It was accurate enough (hobbys  superdomes and falcons - no surprise ) 

But the trigger was creepy and vague. 

Stick to a spring and the mk 2 version in my opinion  .

IMG_20181128_235618.jpg

37 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

My mate had one in .22 .

IMG_20181128_235618.jpg

Stu do they do this with a walnut stock? On bsa website it shows that action with barrel weight/ silencer in a different style stock?

35 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

My mate had one in .22 .

IMG_20181128_235618.jpg

Hi Ultrastu, just a quick question. Does the ultra have the same action as the r10 se ,and which in your opinion is the better gun.?

3 minutes ago, Arron yeates said:

Stu do they do this with a walnut stock? On bsa website it shows that action with barrel weight/ silencer in a different style stock?

The gun above is a mk2  xl and has been out of production for about 5 years now 

The xl tactical about 4 years now .

The website  only shows the mk3 se versions .

And yes the mk2 was avaible in walnut .but its rare . 

There the same action paul, the r10 has a bottle and reg and the ultra has the cylindre. All honesty i have an XtxAir tuned and huma regulated Bsa Ultra se and its deadly accurate to 80 90 m thats all ive pushed her to. The r10s are good but dont expect the shot count bsa state

Screenshot_20200405-091332_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Arron yeates

3 minutes ago, Paul5tag said:

Hi Ultrastu, just a quick question. Does the ultra have the same action as the r10 se ,and which in your opinion is the better gun.?

Yes the ultra uses the same beech block and action as the r10 .its just the r10 is regged and has a different valve .

In my opinion the ultra is better as the reg can let the r10 down .its also lighter and easy to carry around  for hunting 

3 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

The gun above is a mk2  xl and has been out of production for about 5 years now 

The xl tactical about 4 years now .

The website  only shows the mk3 se versions .

And yes the mk2 was avaible in walnut .but its rare . 

Ah ok that now makes more sence.

2 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Yes the ultra uses the same beech block and action as the r10 .its just the r10 is regged and has a different valve .

In my opinion the ultra is better as the reg can let the r10 down .its also lighter and easy to carry around  for hunting 

4 minutes ago, Arron yeates said:

There the same action paul, the r10 has a bottle and the ultta has the cylindre. All honesty i have an XtxAir tuned and huna regulated Bsa Ultra se and its deadly accurate to 80 90 m thats all ive pushed her to. The r10s are good but dont expect the shot count bsa state

Screenshot_20200405-091332_Gallery.jpg

Cheers lads,thanks for the info. ATB Paul

Just thought id get my tatty old xl tac out in the garden see how she goes with its usual .22 hobbys at 25 yds  

First shots on the left  in the blustery wind .. a few rezero clicks and then 5 shots on the right 

Thats ok for me .

Oh thats a 5x mag scope  so hardley the best but it suits this gun for its intended purpose  .

IMG_20200405_175858.jpg

IMG_20200405_175929.jpg

Edited by Ultrastu