The Germans

Paul5tag

Is this why the Germans have apparently been more successful at dealing with the corona virus than the rest of Europe! Even with my average at best air rifle shooting skills this was the result.In the red corner HW95 shooting accupell in 22! And in the blue corner BSA lightning shooting accupell in 22!

now I know you’re gonna say but the accupell pellets don’t suit the BSA, It didn’t matter no matter what I put through this gun ,bis mags, bis practice,H and N fields and others it spat them all out with the accuracy of a AK 47 being shot by mr bean.Well this has confirmed one thing to me if you’re in the market for a springer buy a Weihrauch.I hope the BSA pcp are much better because I do like the r10se ,but I think can I risk it and buy a HW110 instead.A picture is worth a thousand words what do you think!

what you’ve got to do to fill a bit time in😀ATB Lads!!!!!

D6062A39-4526-4032-9038-8B0DBBE2ADDC.jpeg

56FD8EAD-E404-4E67-B0B8-60D427AA38B6.jpeg

Hi opp, I didn’t buy it ,it belongs to my brother who had previously owned another lightning ,why he bought another lord alone knows why as it was equally as c#*p.

I take into account all the variables you suggest, but surely you could expect  some level of usefulness straight out of the box. I’ve never done anything thing to the Weihrauch bar fit a scope and try a few makes of pellets through it.

Just now, Mice! said:

Did you have your eyes closed using the BSA?

Usual questions,  is everything tight, mounts in line.

Have you done the cotton bud test?

What is this cotton bud test you speak of, ps. I might as well have closed my eyes the bsa might group better😃

1 minute ago, Paul5tag said:

Hi opp, I didn’t buy it ,it belongs to my brother who had previously owned another lightning ,why he bought another lord alone knows why as it was equally as c#*p.

I take into account all the variables you suggest, but surely you could expect  some level of usefulness straight out of the box. I’ve never done anything thing to the Weihrauch bar fit a scope and try a few makes of pellets through it.

hello, ok well the only thing you can do is tighten all the screws if required, clean out barrel, if scope ok if 2 mounts just turn around, i got decent results with superdomes

1 minute ago, Paul5tag said:

Do you know OPP,I was about to give up on this gun and just give me brother it back and tell him to buy a HW,but you have inspired me to go further and try all possibilities, that and the fact I’ve nothing better to do.  ATB Paul 

hello, what model lightning is it ?

Hi opp, I’ve dug out a Tasco silver antler scope which was fine when I took it off so should be good to go ,I’ll see if the end cap is removable and I’ll give the barrel a clean . Then I’ll give it another try  . Well that’s me keeping busy this afternoon. Cheers

Hi washerboy, I’ve had two 95s over the years and both have shot well out of the box, I wouldn’t have bought another if they hadn’t. I don’t understand all this faffing about tuning this and that surely a product should more or less do what is expected from it from new, after all would we be happy if we bought a freezer and it only kept the food cool! No  we’d send the bu##*r back!,,

4 minutes ago, washerboy said:

My bog standard hw95 was worse then that until I had it tuned, not sure I would buy a new one and expect it to shoot correctly 

You will get the above results if .

Your stock screws are loose .

Your breech seal is worn 

Your mounts are loose /creeping .

Your scope is duff.

Your parrelax error is too great 

The pellets are clipping the moderator .

Your using the wrong pellets 

The spring is worn or broken 

Your trigger control is poor .

Your supporting the gun incorrectly 

1 hour ago, Paul5tag said:

What is this cotton bud test you speak of, ps. I might as well have closed my eyes the bsa might group better😃

You can use a cotton bud to check the crown of the barrel,  it should obviously be smooth so not catch,  this could effect your accuracy.

Put your mounts together on the rifle, making sure there level and not twisting. 

If only you had time to fiddle.

And your right, things should just work, tuning should be about improving not making things work.

39 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, looks good above :good: lots to think about Paul, including those 22 hobbys

19 minutes ago, Mice! said:

You can use a cotton bud to check the crown of the barrel,  it should obviously be smooth so not catch,  this could effect your accuracy.

Put your mounts together on the rifle, making sure there level and not twisting. 

If only you had time to fiddle.

And your right, things should just work, tuning should be about improving not making things work.

Thanks for your input lads, swapped the scope over cleaned the barrel,plus as mentioned opp the muzzle cap was only finger tight. Here’s the results not championship standard but neither is my shooting! But a marked improvement on this morning. Ps opp this was using Superdomes .

1D4B0FD3-9DBB-4E3E-9797-08A67DEDF072.jpeg

1 hour ago, Paul5tag said:

Hi washerboy, I’ve had two 95s over the years and both have shot well out of the box, I wouldn’t have bought another if they hadn’t. I don’t understand all this faffing about tuning this and that surely a product should more or less do what is expected from it from new, after all would we be happy if we bought a freezer and it only kept the food cool! No  we’d send the bu##*r back!,,

I had a hw95 and a 35 both where awful straight from the box, the 95 had such a badly cut spring you could shave with it, the 35 wasn't as bad but not good enough for the price you pay. 

I would love air arms to do a break barrel rifle to show the Germans what quality can be like. 

24 minutes ago, washerboy said:

I had a hw95 and a 35 both where awful straight from the box, the 95 had such a badly cut spring you could shave with it, the 35 wasn't as bad but not good enough for the price you pay. 

I would love air arms to do a break barrel rifle to show the Germans what quality can be like. 

Not had a Air Arms but they do look the part, It’s like you say we can only speak with authority based on our personal experience. Having said that I may have to eat my words about the lightning. Time will tell.ATB

39 minutes ago, washerboy said:

My good friend had great results with his mk1 lightning. It would shoot as well as my Hw90 and probably half the price 

Well  I’ve followed some advice given by pw members and I’m thinking I may have to eat my words on the lightning, It’s early doors but this is my last group shot outside in the garden quite exposed slight wind ,with the exception of the flyer not bad if I say so myself!

6D1730CC-4E92-430D-9BC4-E0D6F55635BC.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Mice! said:

So what have you changed,  because that is a massive improvement 

Well I replaced the scope with a spare 6x40 Tasco, cleaned the barrel,but what I’m thinking made the main difference was as pointed out by opp was the fact the muzzle cap was hand tight, so I give it a good nip. Plus I fed it with Superdomes. I’ll put the old scope back on tomorrow and see what happens!