New one for me

pork chop

Have you bought ready made bands or the bits to make them yourself?

Its just that whilst theraband is the most popular and powerful elastic for catapults, its also extremely unreliable. I have made quite a few catapults and you can fit a band set, test it and it will snap. no reason just snaps. Put another on and it will last 1000 shots. Replace that one and maybe 20 shots before that snaps. The stuff is a nightmare. What I mean is if you are going to buy the ready made bandsets buy quite a few.

Edited by fatchap

6 hours ago, johnphilip said:

See your using briwax, great stuff .

Yeh buddy but not on this ,it was just on the bench 

5 hours ago, fatchap said:

Have you bought ready made bands or the bits to make them yourself?

Its just that whilst theraband is the most popular and powerful elastic for catapults, its also extremely unreliable. I have made quite a few catapults and you can fit a band set, test it and it will snap. no reason just snaps. Put another on and it will last 1000 shots. Replace that one and maybe 20 shots before that snaps. The stuff is a nightmare. What I mean is if you are going to buy the ready made bandsets buy quite a few.

Cheers buddy,I’ve got five sets coming .Seem to remember reading something about new bands failing