Stoat General Licence

Novice

Don't think I've seen any other mention on here, so thought I'd flag up that the stoat specific general licence came into effect overnight. 

Full details of the licence available on defra website. 

Seems to me to effectively be a piece of paper with no real restrictions beyond what previously existed, save for the legality of certain traps going forward, so no doubt will attract the attention of WJ at some point. 

What is most concerning though is why DEFRA thought it necessary to introduce this at all? My understanding is that it was never a requirement of the AIHTS and I feel it's a precursor to attempts to introduce the same for other target mammal species. 

The avian general licence fiasco could just become the thin end of the wedge in all this... 

At least Natural England have a license out there,their equivalent in Wales have at the moment not put any license out at all saying there would be a delay.They are frightened to death that WJ will come after them again if there is any discrepancy at all .

r