One benfit....

Walker570

One benefit of this lock down is that I have been able to catch up on the many jobs to do at home and not be swanning off sitting in high seats and squirrel killing hides.  One job planned last year was an extention to my lean too log store in the wood, so yesterday and this morning I got to it and got it all framed up ready for the roof to go on.  That extention will mean I have four winters worth of logs just in that one store drying nicely.  I had an interesting find when i was moving the blocks, there was a common newt tucked in a hollow beneath the bottom ones in the pile. Cracking litle creatures newts and took me back 70yrs to when I and mates used to scarmble down the bank to the lake behind our local brickworks and catch them.  This one was the common variety and I carefully put it safely in another damp area alongside one of my ponds but firstly let my wife see it as she had never ever seen one.  I have a brave helper who will climb about and screw on the sheets of corro sheet before we stack the logs in.  All of the materials are recliamed from an old dutch barn at a farm I shoot on along with pallets from the same farm.  Again, waste not want not and I am sure they will see me out.

005.jpg

Edited by Walker570

cracking job there nev....all level an all......the air will get thro that nice and dry everything good ..:good:

in a couple of weeks that will be crawling.....ney....rotten wiv sqizzers in a couple of weeks:lol:

Edited by ditchman

We used to collect newts from near local ponds as children. We would bring them home and take inside to play with 🙈, my mum would complain as she would always find their desiccated little bodies under the couch when hoovering the carpets. I only remembered about it the other day as my boys found some in the garden when we cleared out a bramble patch and “rescued” them. 

I know one clean joke, and it involves a newt.

A man and a newt walk into a bar. The man orders 2 drinks - a pint and a half pint. The bartender asks 'whos the half for?' , and the man says it's for 'tiny'. 'Who's Tiny' asks the barman, and the man looks over and says 'its his name - he's my-newt'. 

34 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

We used to collect newts from near local ponds as children. We would bring them home and take inside to play with 🙈, my mum would complain as she would always find their desiccated little bodies under the couch when hoovering the carpets. I only remembered about it the other day as my boys found some in the garden when we cleared out a bramble patch and “rescued” them. 

when i was a the seaside we used to catch lizards and impale them on blackthorns and watch them wiggle

children are so cruel