John deere R54RKB roller mower

Benthejockey

Acquired the above mower last year -  permanent loan of FIL. Not had any trouble with it until now. The pull start decided to not retract so a bit of a fiddle and a rewind sorted that out. Mowed the lawn and just finished and then as I was packing it up it seemed to lose drive. I had a look and I can't see the drive belt has popped off or snapped. And after giving it a decent clean out of muck and grass between the roller and mower I got it so I could give it a shove and it would drive in a fashion on the drive but I haven't tried on the grass. Do any resident tinkerers have any ideas? 

Ditchy can only help with filling them up and letting others have the fuel.

Don't think he actually uses his, just cleans it 😝😂

If you open the housing on the starter and see if the return spring has jumped or snapped, or it may have debris jamming it. Should be a easy fix Ben.

42 minutes ago, figgy said:

Ditchy can only help with filling them up and letting others have the fuel.

Don't think he actually uses his, just cleans it 😝😂

If you open the housing on the starter and see if the return spring has jumped or snapped, or it may have debris jamming it. Should be a easy fix Ben.

I fixed the starter that wasn't too tricky I'm not sure if the spring had slipped or something was stuck in it but I rewound it and it works fine again but it's a right heavy ******* and if it won't drive I'm not mowing the lawn with it without tethering it to a couple of shire horses first. 

13 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

I fixed the starter that wasn't too tricky I'm not sure if the spring had slipped or something was stuck in it but I rewound it and it works fine again but it's a right heavy ******* and if it won't drive I'm not mowing the lawn with it without tethering it to a couple of shire horses first. 

Just let the horses eat the grass , 

20200312_192230.jpg