Info from Leicester Police via e mail.

Just noticed this thread. 
Looks like Leicestershire are all over the shop, I’ve been contacted by one of my landowners who’s desperate for me to carry on shooting so called Leicestershire Firearms to check, was met with a definite no, so I backed it up with a detailed email and received this reply on Monday. 
74670530-DB62-4C06-8E8E-037214DDC5D0.jpeg.a2b27515474327e6c12cb28e010cab38.jpeg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I too applaud the nurses - this is very confusing: This good cause is considered essential gathering in a public place, social distancing, justified travelling and use of blue lights that will almost certainly have met with the approval from high command and at the expense of the public purse.

Yet being alone, hundreds of yards away from ANY one else on fairly local private property with written permission cannot be approved by the police chief.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/emotional-video-shows-firefighters-police-4038000

Edited by Dave-G

Well someone was popping away across from me this afternoon and I know the landowner does not shoot, in addition a greenlaner on one of those awful loud noisy motor bikes came through and went up the track opposite my property. No point in looking for a reg no. as most are mucked up or non exitent.  What is it that these idiots do not get?

7 hours ago, PelletPinger said:

Just noticed this thread. 
Looks like Leicestershire are all over the shop, I’ve been contacted by one of my landowners who’s desperate for me to carry on shooting so called Leicestershire Firearms to check, was met with a definite no, so I backed it up with a detailed email and received this reply on Monday.

never ask the firearms office for anything but the time contact your local police commissioner make a complaint the landowner has asked you to attend your being prevented by the firearms office while other forces are allowing control to take place don’t be fobbed of stand your ground 

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Well someone was popping away across from me this afternoon and I know the landowner does not shoot, in addition a greenlaner on one of those awful loud noisy motor bikes came through and went up the track opposite my property. No point in looking for a reg no. as most are mucked up or non exitent.  What is it that these idiots do not get?

Unfortunately............................the virus   !

• 2 weeks later...

Situation has changed a little over the last few days the College of policing has issues corvid19 guidance.

https://www.college.police.uk/What-we-do/COVID-19/Documents/What-constitutes-a-reasonable-excuse.pdf

likely to be reasonable for, A non-key worker or non-essential key worker travelling to work where it is not reasonably possible to work from home.

And

There is no requirement for volunteers to work for a registered organisation or charity. 
There is no requirement for the volunteering to be related to COVID-19.

So as I read that it,  if a farmer asks you to volunteer to do crop protection for him it constitutes a reasonable excuse to leave the place where you live to carry out the activity.

Edited by rbrowning2

D&C are apparently much more supportive of rural affairs and activity than Leicestershire - which I think also covers Nottinghamshire. There is apparently a world food crop crisis on the way but that don't matter.

I am getting a bit peeved by their stance, and shouldn't feel I have to express my thoughts, BASC should be doing it. If that marks my card then so be it, I'll be able to speak much more freely if I don't keep my ticket.

Walking round a private field with a rifle does:

(A) various pest control types.

(B) good exercise much further away from anyone else at home - and yes time apart can help any monotony.

(C) better distancing than walking a park or footpath in a more densely populated area.

(D) gets better immune system virus recovery potential from sunshine than watching telly.

(E) better oxygenated air from trees.

Brother is licensed by D&C and gets the go ahead from FLO.

• 11 months later...

Leicestershire Wildfowlers Association offer Crop Protection  at the Farmers/ Landowners request in the Leicestershire area, we notify the Leicestershire Police with our contact details when we are out on crop protection and this system is supported and acknowledged by them.

Have carried letters of authority from land owners / managers with me since January to carry out essential deer management. This was authorised by Natural England. I think this sets a precedent that would at the very least be a very strong defence for immediate essential pest control activities when you have a direct request.

2 minutes ago, 243deer said:

Have carried letters of authority from land owners / managers with me since January to carry out essential deer management. This was authorised by Natural England. I think this sets a precedent that would at the very least be a very strong defence for immediate essential pest control activities when you have a direct request.

Likewise.

I have not stopped doing vermin con troll day or night and been involved with a mate who accidently shot himself with a rifle so you can imagine the responce when i phoned 999 and the lady on other end ask what is your emergency and i say my mate has shot himself  9 squad cars armed responce unit fire engine ambulance and all was asked what was we doing  and my responce was vermin controll  all was ok and my mate is is recovering ok he was was a very lucky boy