eddie large died

mossy835

Of course this is very sad for his loved ones... but this highlights a niggling issue for me regarding the corona death figures. He was in hospital with severe heart failure, so clearly in the very near future that would have killed him and been recorded as doing so. Now however he's recorded as dying from coronavirus rather than from a lifetime of unhealthy lifestyle choices. Therefore adding to the media feeding frenzy and panic thats causing the world's economy to implode. Although healthy people are dying of this, I do wonder how many of the reported deaths are in the same catagory.

9 minutes ago, MirokuMK70 said:

Of course this is very sad for his loved ones... but this highlights a niggling issue for me regarding the corona death figures. He was in hospital with severe heart failure, so clearly in the very near future that would have killed him and been recorded as doing so. Now however he's recorded as dying from coronavirus rather than from a lifetime of unhealthy lifestyle choices. Therefore adding to the media feeding frenzy and panic thats causing the world's economy to implode. Although healthy people are dying of this, I do wonder how many of the reported deaths are in the same catagory.

How do you know he clearly would have died anyway? Without the virus he might have been fine...

21 minutes ago, figgy said:

They can massage the figures to suit what they want on record.

Exactly. Eddie had a heart transplant some years ago he also had kidney problems for over 20 years and very lucky to have survived this long.

He was in hospital for heart problems when he died.

Edited by dead eye alan

My understanding is that the "cause of death" on the certificate is what kills you.
A friend of mine recently went into hospital with severe heart issues, but contracted sepsis, the cause of death on the certificate was sepsis.

Why , in the present situation, would any authority, individual, or Government,  want to falsely state the cause of a death ?