Another plea

dad

Qfarmer friend sent me a plea and a picture today when can you get here 1000s of pigeons on my barley and rape. When he started drilling 2 weeks ago he phoned me and i told him there were traveling restrictions in place but i would do what i could.these are good people that are kind enough to let me roam all over their land for many years 30 years some of them and i cant help in their time of need. If farmers start saying dont bother to come any more your not here when i need you. Try to expand pic  this is a different farm from my tuesday post. I think the extra volume of birds is the result of last years lock down.

IMG_11271_compress93.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like me get the farmer or land owner to write a letter stating you are carrying out essential work in the protection of food production. There are lots of tasks that go together to provide food. Crop protection is just one of many. Farmers and Landowners are far to busy to sit in a hide for 6 hours to protect his crops, we are small cogs in a very large machine.

33 minutes ago, kenholland said:

go for it my boy, if he wants you there give him the cover ,and keep in is good books and your perm , good luck.

I think i will show my face at least i took a lot of flak from this forum for going out tuesday. These perms were too hard to get to ignore especially with the amount of shooters round here just waiting to jump into my shoes. I know of 5 shooters that were out at the weekend in my locality.

12 minutes ago, dad said:

I think i will show my face at least i took a lot of flak from this forum for going out tuesday. These perms were too hard to get to ignore especially with the amount of shooters round here just waiting to jump into my shoes. I know of 5 shooters that were out at the weekend in my locality.

I don’t believe that you took a lot of flack. Some queried your actions, that’s all.

On 02/04/2020 at 19:48, mel b3 said:

basc say ok , and some police forces are saying ok , but my force said no.

What does it have to do with the Police? follow government and Basc. guidelines if pigeon are damaging crops and the farmer wants you there that is it , food production should not be interrupted, with food vanishing  from shelves people would soon moan if none available , remember Rapeseed oil is in many products !!!

On 02/04/2020 at 19:18, dad said:

Qfarmer friend sent me a plea and a picture today when can you get here 1000s of pigeons on my barley and rape. When he started drilling 2 weeks ago he phoned me and i told him there were traveling restrictions in place but i would do what i could.these are good people that are kind enough to let me roam all over their land for many years 30 years some of them and i cant help in their time of need. If farmers start saying dont bother to come any more your not here when i need you. Try to expand pic  this is a different farm from my tuesday post. I think the extra volume of birds is the result of last years lock down.

IMG_11271_compress93.jpg

Purist here just to say good of you for getting out crop protecting at this terrible time, can't believe you were getting at bit of  stick about doing your bit for the farmer's !!! Well done you and keep at em  !!!!!!

1 hour ago, purist said:

What does it have to do with the Police? follow government and Basc. guidelines if pigeon are damaging crops and the farmer wants you there that is it , food production should not be interrupted, with food vanishing  from shelves people would soon moan if none available , remember Rapeseed oil is in many products !!!

it has everything to do with the police . and it was the police that pointed out to me (not that it needed pointing out) that i should stick to government advice.

now just incase youve been living in a cave with the other trolls for the last few weeks.

STAY SAFE , STAY AT HOME , SAVE THE NHS.

No sorry , still don't understand what you mean !! you are not supposed to be shooting pigeons for fun ? where have you been for the last 12 months ? as per general license !! I am not trying to be disruptive honestly or difficult just pointing out that we can still protect crops for farmers if absolutely necessary at the farmers request , I don't think it is up to the police to decide is it ? I think it would  be classed as necessary travel, you are doing an important job in crop protection and will be clapped on Thursday night .

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

it has everything to do with the police . and it was the police that pointed out to me (not that it needed pointing out) that i should stick to government advice.

now just incase youve been living in a cave with the other trolls for the last few weeks.

STAY SAFE , STAY AT HOME , SAVE THE NHS.

at some point YOU could be eating the peas i have been shooting over pigeons do NOT live on fresh air there is more seed in cracks and partially covered than on the surface this seed WILL grow if uneaten so it IS essential to be out 

23 minutes ago, purist said:

No sorry , still don't understand what you mean !! you are not supposed to be shooting pigeons for fun ? where have you been for the last 12 months ? as per general license !! I am not trying to be disruptive honestly or difficult just pointing out that we can still protect crops for farmers if absolutely necessary at the farmers request , I don't think it is up to the police to decide is it ? I think it would  be classed as necessary travel, you are doing an important job in crop protection and will be clapped on Thursday night .

9 minutes ago, clangerman said:

at some point YOU could be eating the peas i have been shooting over pigeons do NOT live on fresh air there is more seed in cracks and partially covered than on the surface this seed WILL grow if uneaten so it IS essential to be out 

Then all I can say gentlemen,  is thankyou for your service to your country . Well done.

4 minutes ago, purist said:

Sorry chaps just one more thing on this controversial topic, if I could not get crop protection on my farm then you no longer be welcome because that's why you are there to protect the crops, and  you would lucky not to get a bill for lack of yield .

You’ve cleared it with your local constabulary for your chaps to shoot to protect your crops then ?

do you have any special measures that you’re requiring the people protecting your crops to observe?

Why do you need to clarify anything  ? do they not know what they are doing ? if so they shouldn't be there , its perfectly clear when crop protection is absolutely necessary and requested! and only travel when necessary , as I said i'm not trying to be difficult just pointing out facts, it is probably more dangerous  to be walking about every where like people are at the moment than sitting in a hedge doing what you have been given   permission to do and requested to do at this critical growing stage , regards Purist,