Another plea

dad

15 minutes ago, purist said:

Why do you need to clarify anything  ? do they not know what they are doing ? if so they shouldn't be there , its perfectly clear when crop protection is absolutely necessary and requested! and only travel when necessary , as I said i'm not trying to be difficult just pointing out facts, it is probably more dangerous  to be walking about every where like people are at the moment than sitting in a hedge doing what you have been given   permission to do and requested to do at this critical growing stage , regards Purist, 

exactly part of the reason you should turn out if asked to farmers don’t ask me to take over perms because people are doing a good job it’s always the same old story of people doing as they please instead of what the farmer wants 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, purist said:

Sorry chaps just one more thing on this controversial topic, if I could not get crop protection on my farm then you no longer be welcome because that's why you are there to protect the crops, and  you would lucky not to get a bill for lack of yield .

Well that has to be the best yet!:w00t:

44 minutes ago, clangerman said:

exactly part of the reason you should turn out if asked to farmers don’t ask me to take over perms because people are doing a good job it’s always the same old story of people doing as they please instead of what the farmer wants 

Exactly why I asked has the farmer who’s going to bill for loss !!!! Put anything in place ? 

and don’t say he’s busy he’s going to have to find time if the arv turns up 

as I see it farmers got a problem he phone’s 101 to get a number he then phones you 

you phone 101 get your number and do the job Observing the protocols that he has put in place 

the farmer keeps a log of the fields your in and keeps his other pest control members out of your way and only allow you to return to that field or one that hasn’t been occupied by another pest controller 

Does everyone ring the police every time they go shooting  surely not ? as I said crop protecting shooters who should know what they are doing will inform the farm where they are before commencing !!! Not turn up willy nilly to please themselves !!!!! I Don`t think we should be wasting valuable police time with their limited funding every time we are called out to shoot ? we are responsible people and can be trusted to work correctly in every way, Regards Purist , passionate Wildfowler and crop protector . 

1 minute ago, purist said:

Does everyone ring the police every time they go shooting  surely not ? as I said crop protecting shooters who should know what they are doing will inform the farm where they are before commencing !!! Not turn up willy nilly to please themselves !!!!! I Don`t think we should be wasting valuable police time with their limited funding every time we are called out to shoot ? we are responsible people and can be trusted to work correctly in every way, Regards Purist , passionate Wildfowler and crop protector . 

hello, at this point in time if you do not ring 101 and get a URN number then get stopped by police driving to a farm i would expect it would be confiscation of gun/guns/ and loss of licence

Hello oldypigeon popper thanks for your response, I have not seen that personally in any advice on crop protection at this terrible time ! if that is correct then that  is  the case !  andi  do ring 101 in areas where  I think it is required but  hav'nt seen it on Basc. checked yesterday , I am only trying to stand up for us shooters and not wilt like some of the lettuces in the supermarket at the moment  !! 🙂 Lets hope we all return to normal as soon as possible with as few fatalities as possible, Regards.

11 minutes ago, purist said:

Hello oldypigeon popper thanks for your response, I have not seen that personally in any advice on crop protection at this terrible time ! if that is correct then that  is  the case !  andi  do ring 101 in areas where  I think it is required but  hav'nt seen it on Basc. checked yesterday , I am only trying to stand up for us shooters and not wilt like some of the lettuces in the supermarket at the moment  !! 🙂 Lets hope we all return to normal as soon as possible with as few fatalities as possible, Regards.

hello, i am only going what TVP told me, them and most police forces in UK, i think they like to know the location/farm in case someone complained, but if crop protection no problem, so far my friends farm has been ok, yes i am sure we all wish this terrible time in UK coming to an end, stay safe:good:   

Yes chaps there is nothing like a bit of stimulation to the forums  in this terrible time ! I admit I have been winding one or two of you  in a bit !! but still think we should respond if requested, to be totally honest it is personal choice and a difficult one, but felt it unfair to question some members on turning out for their farmers, its been like trying to convince members of " wild justice " to go pigeon shooting !!!! 😂🤣

6 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, at this point in time if you do not ring 101 and get a URN number then get stopped by police driving to a farm i would expect it would be confiscation of gun/guns/ and loss of licence

I think phoning 101 prior to setting out to say i will be shooting a particular field could mislead the police because on arrival i might decide not to shoot as has been the case many times then another shooter could turn up and shoot and the police think it was me when i phoned in the past it was after i made the decision on looking at the field.

58 minutes ago, dad said:

I think phoning 101 prior to setting out to say i will be shooting a particular field could mislead the police because on arrival i might decide not to shoot as has been the case many times then another shooter could turn up and shoot and the police think it was me when i phoned in the past it was after i made the decision on looking at the field.

hello, i only have 1 farm and know the local police anyway, had i gone then decided it was all ok i just call again to let them know, that is what they wanted me to do at this time with the lock down,

58 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i only have 1 farm and know the local police anyway, had i gone then decided it was all ok i just call again to let them know, that is what they wanted me to do at this time with the lock down,

Do you phone before you leave home and say you may shoot in case you get stopped enroute then when you get there and decide not to you phone back and let them know.

10 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Why would that be? Are the police being told to be especially harsh to shooters? From what I've read, all police have been saying to people "gathering" is "go home" or "move on."  Why should any harsh treatment be reserved for those with firearms?

5 hours ago, motty said:

Why would that be? Are the police being told to be especially harsh to shooters? From what I've read, all police have been saying to people "gathering" is "go home" or "move on."  Why should any harsh treatment be reserved for those with firearms?

i dont know about other forces , but mine told me that i could face a fine , as it was an unnecessary journey , and not in line with government advice.

7 hours ago, dad said:

Do you phone before you leave home and say you may shoot in case you get stopped enroute then when you get there and decide not to you phone back and let them know.

hello,  the advice was to phone first and then when finish, but as i have said it was not required so i am staying home as with the Government guide lines,

6 hours ago, motty said:

Could be seen as responsible to avoid any problem and unnecessary call out 

all areas are different in there protocols this is where the confusion is coming from 

17 hours ago, purist said:

I'm with you on this one! Does anyone believe the person on the 101 line knows each field in their area by name. If we step into this line, it will become obligatory forever and we will always have to "ask The Law" before doing any pest control. Tell the farmer and be sensible and safe, job done.

6 hours ago, motty said:

I'm with you on this one too! (2nd time in 5 years!! 

If we step into this line, it will become obligatory forever and we will always have to "ask The Law" before doing any pest control. Tell the farmer and be sensible and safe, job done.

17 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

This is just scare mongering and moving towards a police state. Are you a "member of the establishment" by any chance?

5 minutes ago, kitchrat said:

I'm with you on this one! Does anyone believe the person on the 101 line knows each field in their area by name. If we step into this line, it will become obligatory forever and we will always have to "ask The Law" before doing any pest control. Tell the farmer and be sensible and safe, job done.

I'm with you on this one too! (2nd time in 5 years!! 

If we step into this line, it will become obligatory forever and we will always have to "ask The Law" before doing any pest control. Tell the farmer and be sensible and safe, job done.

This is just scare mongering and moving towards a police state. Are you a "member of the establishment" by any chance?

hello, that is a stupid comment,

hello, at this MOMENT in time in our country we are not living our normal lives, so our way of life has changed, everything has changed, we now have restriction that no one ever thought would happen BUT IT HAS and we all must play our part until this dreadful time passes,  

7 minutes ago, kitchrat said:

So you are then?

hello, i am a 70 year old retired nobody,

In total agreement with the restrictions in place at the moment and I agree totally that people really need to act sensibly if we stand a chance of getting through this fairy quickly. I lease around 900 acres of farm land to run a syndicated game shoot on. Part of the condition of my lease is that I have to carry out pest control to aid in the good running Of the farm. 2 weeks ago they drilled oats that not very long afterwards where being hammered. So I was asked if there was anything I could do. Also at this time of year I do feed up wild Pheasant left over and also step up pest control as they will lay and if I feed they tend to stay on eggs. So I contacted my local police force not the firearms dept but the main. They told me that the pest control alone was enough of an exemption without the feeding of birds providing I stuck to the social distancing in place. They also sent me an email to save should I ever be challenged over this and the 11 miles I have to travel to my land. I am not saying I go everyday but I do as required. 
I realise it may be slightly different as  I actually have a shoot lease in place but Sussex police certainly can see the need provided people are sensible and not taking the Mick. 

17 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, at this MOMENT in time in our country we are not living our normal lives, so our way of life has changed, everything has changed, we now have restriction that no one ever thought would happen BUT IT HAS and we all must play our part until this dreadful time passes,  

hello, i am a 70 year old retired nobody,

well said sir.

if everyone just took a moment to think about what youve just written , things would be much better.