Mount problems with AA510

Westley78

Guys I need some advice please...

I am trying to fit a Hawke 3-12x50 SF AMX IR to an Air Arms 510 however when I use the sports match T035C medium mounts the scope fouls the magazine. So I’ve tried the sports match HT036C high mounts but these are too high.Has anybody else had this issue if so how did you resolve it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

23 minutes ago, Westley78 said:

Guys I need some advice please...

I am trying to fit a Hawke 3-12x50 SF AMX IR to an Air Arms 510 however when I use the sports match T035C medium mounts the scope fouls the magazine. So I’ve tried the sports match HT036C high mounts but these are too high.Has anybody else had this issue if so how did you resolve it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

When you say too high, what do you mean? I had an S510 and remember having the same issue with the mediums, but the high mounts were fine. Nice scope by the way. I have the said same on top of my HW110

22 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

When you say too high, what do you mean? I had an S510 and remember having the same issue with the mediums, but the high mounts were fine. Nice scope by the way. I have the said same on top of my HW110

I find that when I mount the gun I can’t see clearly through the scope and have to lift my head up...

11 hours ago, snarepeg said:

Try some cardboard or other material under your scope with the medium mounts,

might look s b,,,,,ger but it does work.

I did try some of the builders plastic packing shims but that felt like a bit of a bodge and I was worried the scope may not sit level 

10 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Measure the distance from a flat surface to the bottom of the medium scope "ring" and tell us what it is and how much more clearance you need.

The distance on the medium mount is 12mm and I need about 15mm minimum...

thanks for all the help 👍🏻

9 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

My reccomendation is to take a look at bkl mounts .these tend to sit between the hights of sportsmatch and hawke etc.

Ie.   a med bkl is a few mm higher than a med sportsmatch  

Thanks for the advice 👍🏻