Airgun deliveries

kingsy18

No they are called sportsguns and are not delivering 

Some do a 'transport' service where a rfd driver drops them off. Not 100% sure on how it works as Ive never bought off them, but used to go in 

Pellpax look like they still are. 

Could always buy secondhand and get it sent parcelforce 48. Costs about £15

hello, what air rifle are you wanting to buy ?, Parcelforce are still working, but only use as strimmer stated PF 48 i expect Pellpax would be the only delivery shop, you could alway look for a second hand, there is a RFD shop owner on here in west wales, Edd might help, if you decide on what rifle?

You can buy new or secondhand Air Rifles / Pistols direct to your door from dealers or individuals within the EU ! Providing the retailer or in the case of S/H the owner, is willing to do so and agree who pays the international postage .(retailers bundle that in on the website as usual)

But you cannot buy a new Air Rifle in England and Wales and have it posted  to your home ( you can get it delivered in person  by the likes of Pax, Sportguns and a few others but I guess these are all in CV lockdown )

S/H Air Rifles / Pistols can ONLY be sent by Parcel Force 48 hour service in England and Wales BUT the insurance limit is £100 so this makes life very difficult as lots are worth much more and if it's a PCP then the cylinder / bottle must be empty of AIR. (and of course these cost more than £100 S/H usually) 

With All the above usual age stipulations over 18 and not prohibited from owning an air rifle under the Firearms Acts apply.

Not sure about Scotland as they have Air Weapon certificates  so will probably be RFD to RFD like normal FAC / SGC transactions ?

32 minutes ago, washerboy said:

I inquired from several companies last year about buying a rifle and scope. They all said RFD only, two companies wouldn't post a used gun out directly to my home address either 

Is correct private sales are ok . But a shop would need to RFD , that would put around 50 quid on the price plus post .

3 minutes ago, Gameking said:

You can buy new or secondhand Air Rifles / Pistols direct to your door from dealers or individuals within the EU ! Providing the retailer or in the case of S/H the owner, is willing to do so and agree who pays the international postage .(retailers bundle that in on the website as usual)

But you cannot buy a new Air Rifle in England and Wales and have it posted  to your home ( you can get it delivered in person  by the likes of Pax, Sportguns and a few others but I guess these are all in CV lockdown )

S/H Air Rifles / Pistols can ONLY be sent by Parcel Force 48 hour service in England and Wales BUT the insurance limit is £100 so this makes life very difficult as lots are worth much more and if it's a PCP then the cylinder / bottle must be empty of AIR. (and of course these cost more than £100 S/H usually) 

With All the above usual age stipulations over 18 and not prohibited from owning an air rifle under the Firearms Acts apply.

Not sure about Scotland as they have Air Weapon certificates  so will probably be RFD to RFD like normal FAC / SGC transactions ?

I got a smk cp2 from a dealer in England  , I am in Scotland  . He had to RFD it to my local gunroom . Air rifles ect dont go on the licence  it's just a licence to have air rifles . As long as you have a licence you could buy private and have it posted to you .

18 minutes ago, Mice! said:

A few shops do deliver new guns by using a special courier service,  not sure how it gets around the rfd rules but it does.

The courier is a 'servant' of the RFD the same as a shop assistant in an RFD,  One person is the RFD the employees are 'servants'. Much like a publican has the licence but his / her  staff sell alcohol.

44 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

I got a smk cp2 from a dealer in England  , I am in Scotland  . He had to RFD it to my local gunroom . Air rifles ect dont go on the licence  it's just a licence to have air rifles . As long as you have a licence you could buy private and have it posted to you .

Thanks for the clarification John. 

4 minutes ago, Gameking said:

The courier is a 'servant' of the RFD the same as a shop assistant in an RFD,  One person is the RFD the employees are 'servants'. Much like a publican has the licence but his / her  staff sell alcohol.

Thanks for the clarification John. 

Your most welcome 

Been thinking s/h,as i,ve seen quite a few good deals ,but it's the thought of only £100 cover with parcelforce that puts me off,don,t fancy spending £600 on full kit and it gets lost.Looked at pellpax but not delivering rifles ,only enquired on here to see if someone had purchased something lately ,would be after a PCP.

15 minutes ago, kingsy18 said:

Been thinking s/h,as i,ve seen quite a few good deals ,but it's the thought of only £100 cover with parcelforce that puts me off,don,t fancy spending £600 on full kit and it gets lost.Looked at pellpax but not delivering rifles ,only enquired on here to see if someone had purchased something lately ,would be after a PCP.

I'm sure you can insure for more than £100, put a wanted add up, there might be someone local to you?

@eddoakley has a shop in Wales I think, he might be able to fix you up with something 

16 minutes ago, kingsy18 said:

Buy it with a credit card, then, if it goes tits up you have a claim on the bank