Identification please.

Grandalf

Nah, we shot all of the sasquatch before the lock down started.   They are all in the freezer.

I think JD is right.   CWD fawn.   That was my first thought too.   The land is 40 acres of new plantation for a nature reserve.  There are CWD, muntys and roe on the land.

I'll tell the lass that the combined brains of PW have come up with a load of old squit and decided on CWD fawn as the most likely.

(If it was an ole boy from Harleston then we would have found the web feet marks around the site.   Nothing obvious found anywhere near it). 

Normal for north Suffolk.Think there were several look like that, kept under the stairs, and ended up in a muck hill along the valley! My ol dad used to call any where north of Eye/Worlingworth bow and arrow country! He was brave because my mums lot came from Southholt way. 😉       NB

9 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Normal for north Suffolk.Think there were several look like that, kept under the stairs, and ended up in a muck hill along the valley! My ol dad used to call any where north of Eye/Worlingworth bow and arrow country! He was brave because my mums lot came from Southholt way. 😉       NB

I am just north of the line that you mention.   With a strong southerly wind I could hurl a rock into Norfolk.   The local police now refer to it as Indian Territory but we don't see many of them this side of the border.  

12 hours ago, JDog said:

Chinese Water Deer calf.

JD, I spoke to the lady last night and told her what we had more or less decided.   I didn't mention in my post that she is currently half way through a biology degree course at UEA in Norfolk.   Now closed down for obvious reasons.   She said that she considers that the teeth are not those of a herbivore.   I blew the picture up and had a look at the canines and they are small pointed objects.   Are CWD fawns born with teeth like that or do we have to think again?   Another friend of mine - yes I have more than one - thinks it is some type of dog.   The area is close to the village so that is highly possible.   I will see if I can get her to send some more pictures from other angles or get a look at it myself provided I can get round the current restrictions.   (I have a disabled wife so can't take any chances).

Thanks for the input.   Ben

Sorry chaps.   Come against the usual PW problem.   Every photograph that I want to upload to the site is too big.   Can't be doing with it.   We'll say that it is a CWD fawn and leave it at that.   Thanks for the interest.