Sir Kier Starmer - Here We Go!

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

He is already asking the Government when the Lockdown will be relaxed.

Bloody Politicians, where does he get his stupidity from?

The Lockdown will be relaxed when the number of new cases of Covid 19 and the death rate drops significantly.

hello, i missed that Dave, ever since he joined the Labour party ?

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

13 minutes ago, snow white said:

He said everybody should be vaccinated we don’t have a vaccine so how can everybody be vaccinated bloody idiot

When in opposition - you can say/promise what you want - because you don't ever have to carry it out.  The 'faithful' will lap it up - and the 'floating voters' don't matter 6 months into a new Parliament.

Edited by JohnfromUK

2 minutes ago, toontastic said:

That's right leave out the key phrase from his statement "when one becomes available"

Key phrase is or out, he has made it political straight away. This is NOT  a political issue, times like this they should work together, not take swipes.. This is a time where everyone has to do the right thing to stop this pandemic/epidemic. Not spout carp to try and win votes already. 

3 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Key phrase is or out, he has made it political straight away. This is NOT  a political issue, times like this they should work together, not take swipes.. This is a time where everyone has to do the right thing to stop this pandemic/epidemic. Not spout carp to try and win votes already. 

Yes it's wrong to try and make political gain out of a situation like this.

But it's also annoying when people listen to a whole statement "everyone should be vaccinated once one becomes available" and only pick out one bit "everyone should be vaccinated" and then criticize someone as being an idiot. Yes starmer is an idiot he doesn't need lines cherry picked from statements to prove it.

1 minute ago, toontastic said:

Yes it's wrong to try and make political gain out of a situation like this.

But it's also annoying when people listen to a whole statement "everyone should be vaccinated once one becomes available" and only pick out one bit "everyone should be vaccinated" and then criticize someone as being an idiot. Yes starmer is an idiot he doesn't need lines cherry picked from statements to prove it.

So you are conceding that the new Labour Leader is an idiot, well that is at least a good start.:good:

You may notice I have copied you post in full and not been selective in my use of it!

2 minutes ago, treetree said:

It is the opposition party's job to oppose, or at least scrutinise what the ruling party is doing. Without parliament sitting or an opposition party holding the government to account we really are in worrying times.

Yes, BUT, it really should be done in a sensible way rather than just a trouble making, scoring political points way!

We have NOT had a CREDIBLE opposition for an awful long time and he will not change that if he continues like this from day one!

Well he came over quite well.

Not sure why he thinks he is the only one suggesting that when the virus vaccine arrives it will not be "rolled out" sensibly?

Interesting to see his views on Brexit, the hard deadline was instigated before any thought was given to a pandemic!

Now we wait to see how he constructs his Shadow Cabinet, Corbyn could never get a decent one.

I am not impressed. He was criticised by the Jewish community, despite his previously unmentioned connections, for never being at the forefront of anti-Semitism. Cowardice was mentioned.

He said he would not make the current crisis political, but immediately does so. A man of his word. 

It is the opposition party's job to oppose, or at least scrutinise what the ruling party is doing.

I accept that the Opposition is there to scrutinise, but I don't accept that they should oppose everything. That is not constructive, merely a continuation of Corbyn's negativity.

new face same stupid ****     trying to score brownie points under these unprecedented  times ,   how about talking of the barbaric  inhumane  Chinese wet markets  , where the virus was traced back to !!!!!!!!!!!!    world governments should cease all trading with china  until this cruelty is stopped   ,   but ££££  rules in this world .  

I think the Labour Party has missed a really opportunity to make ground on the tories  as Starmer is just a Corbynite pretending not to be.

He should just offer support to the government then step back and see how this crisis pans out rather than go for the predictable political points scoring.

Lisa Nandy world have been my preferred choice for leader.

Hitman 

3 hours ago, fatchap said:

Didn't he get Jimmy Saville off the hook when he was first arrested?

No.

Director of Public Prosecutions Keir Starmer said there were failures by police in Sussex and Surrey and by the principal lawyer in dealing with the allegations. He issued a personal apology for the mistakes by the Crown Prosecution Service and announced a series of changes to improve the investigation  of allegations by child victims.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE