Decided to cut my own hair.

Davyo

41 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

It's probably 25 years since I had a haircut in the UK and I'm curious what they charge nowadays? I'm sure if you're a footballer you can probably pay hundreds, but what would a normal small town barber sting you for? 

£8 -£10 but I can do it for you for £5.

21 minutes ago, Davyo said:

£8 -£10 but I can do it for you for £5.

😅😅

Thank you very much for the kind offer, but I'm afraid the Indian barber in the student's mall here does it for less than half that, so I'll have to pass. Although most of the time I do my own. It's only a run over with a zero clippers anyway. 

£8-10's not too bad though. I thought it would be more than that. 

Edited by Retsdon

I married a hairdresser, cost me more than haircuts would have.

The dog gets cut at the groomers more than I do. Bit like a mechanics car gets left till last.

I did shave my head once no guard when I asked her to cut my hair and got sick of waiting.

8 hours ago, Bigbob said:

We bought a £10 trimmer years ago and the wife does mine but the nose and ear hairs grow faster , at present the hairs on my back are itchy but if i shave them they will be worse ??.

The back needs waxing, not shaving. Make sure to post video.

/M

This is a strange phenomenon, they are everywhere, but seem to be centrally organised. My local barber has had several in succession - but all offering a standard cut and ear-singe for £8

13 minutes ago, bavarianbrit said:

Dover is full of Kurdish cutters vying for your custom, knocked the price right down from the local salons.

There are eight hairdressers (not barbers) within 200m of each other in my local town. When the moment takes me for a cut I roam the streets popping my head through the doors asking if anyone can do me a trim. Without exception one of the four or five totally unemployed ladies looks at the appointment book and pipes up that they cannot fit me in.

When finally I get in somewhere the first thing I have to instruct them in is not to fiddle with my ear hair nor my eyebrows.

Naturally I do claim my OAP discount but I more than compensate with a tip, so pleased was I to finally get in somewhere.

When I used to live in the city I used to pay £25 for a haircut and beard trim at a proper barbers. I got to know the people that worked there pretty well, usually had a few beers while I was there and it wasn’t uncommon for me to be there a couple of hours. I usually made a bit of day of it. They eventually opened a bar up downstairs which was pretty cool, would get a couple of free drinks if they were in. I’ve moved into the sticks now and pay £8 for a haircut, usually give a couple of quid tip.  In and out in 20 minutes. 

On 06/04/2020 at 09:17, JDog said:

There are eight hairdressers (not barbers) within 200m of each other in my local town. When the moment takes me for a cut I roam the streets popping my head through the doors asking if anyone can do me a trim. Without exception one of the four or five totally unemployed ladies looks at the appointment book and pipes up that they cannot fit me in.

When finally I get in somewhere the first thing I have to instruct them in is not to fiddle with my ear hair nor my eyebrows.

Naturally I do claim my OAP discount but I more than compensate with a tip, so pleased was I to finally get in somewhere.

i cannot bear long eyebrow hair or nasal hair or earhole hair...........................i bought a machine to deal with it.........before corona watsit came my grandaughter visited me with her mother and i showed the machine to her and turned it on ....she was appalled that such an invention existed