shotgun..willy

Afternoon everybody due to ongoing back problems I’m really struggling with my 12 bore shotguns even the autos are to much, so when we are allowed out again I’m going to treat myself to a .410 but I’m unsure what to get either an over and under or the mossberg pump action was just wondering what other people’s opinions are.

thanks .

So is the issue gun weight or recoil in the shoulder?

If its gun weight then a .410 ou or a single barrel will be perfect .

If its recoil then then obviously  smaller carts kick less .but also adding a moderator to the end can reduce recoil loads .

So a .410 single barrel with an add on mod will be light and low recoil .

The mossy pump .410 will have very low recoil but be a bit heavier especially at  the  muzzle end  .

I have a Yiditz o/u 410 and also the Mossy pumper with moderator, both have served me well.  The Yilditz I use for my driven days and mainly the Mossy for flighting or decoying.

All down to what your shooting .  If decoying or flighting then the Mossy would be great, they take a bit of getting used to with that big lump up front but after a few shots it becomes second nature.

If your taking a few driven days then look at both the Yilditz and also the Lincoln 410 o/u's  both a excellent handling guns and of course the 410 is relatively light recoil.

A 28 gauge might also be worth looking at.

19g Fiocchi 3 inch 7s will do the job out to 35-40yrds if you do.  I load 18.7g of 7s to almost the same load as Fiocchi and had no complaints from the customers.  I have shot the 21g loads and honestly could not tell the difference in recoil or performance in my Yilditz.  An excellent over the counter load is the Hull High Pheasant certainly equal to the Fiocchi.  I probably shoot over a 1000 rounds of 410 over a season....never really counted and shoot 410 exclusively.

use 20 bore Mossberg pump hushpower , plus the mossy 4/10 hushpower  either one does for me , I admit the 20 bore look's a monster with that can on , but could not be without them now , don't feel recoil at all so shotgun willy it is up to you , you will sort yourself out in the end good luck.