A bit of self isolation but helping a dairy farmer

B725

Yesterday saw me rolling the grass field's all alone on a Massey Ferguson the farmer has a bad back and his son is doing 14 hour's a day trying to cope untill his dad is better.What did supprise me was just how many pheasants there was in field's you would not expect to see them,it was an enjoyable few hours seeing virous wildlife and helping the future milk production as well.

18 minutes ago, Scully said:

I am also surprised at the numbers of pheasants I’m seeing around. Sad to see the amount of roadkill though. 

Maybe not getting disturbed by every walker and their out of control dogs? I hope theres a lot more wild birds this year cos I've got a feeling a lot of shoots won't put them down. 

1 minute ago, Walker570 said:

I seem to be feeding a lot of birds under my flip top squirrel feeders and just one hen bird has learned to lift the lid.  I have twenty or thrity roosting in my 10 acre wood every night.

Just on about your woods . I hope it’s over in time for my little girl to visit your orchard . 

16 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Maybe not getting disturbed by every walker and their out of control dogs? I hope theres a lot more wild birds this year cos I've got a feeling a lot of shoots won't put them down. 

You may be right. I haven’t heard from our syndicate yet, as to what plans they have ( if any ) for the coming season. 

12 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

It will be in full blossom in the next week or so and the bees are working well so we should have a good crop again with lots to spare.

She was amazed with food falling off trees 😂😂😂

25 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I think lots of animals will be about this year. No shooting for a month must make a difference, 

1 minute ago, team tractor said:

She was amazed with food falling off trees 😂😂😂

I think lots of animals will be about this year. No shooting for a month must make a difference, 

I hard that thousands of baby turtles managed to be born on beaches in India which are normally disturbed by humans. I hope it's true. 

Shows what a destructive species we are really. 

Human's dying in the thousands, and the rest of the world see's enormous benefit :/ 

2 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I hard that thousands of baby turtles managed to be born on beaches in India which are normally disturbed by humans. I hope it's true. 

Shows what a destructive species we are really. 

Human's dying in the thousands, and the rest of the world see's enormous benefit  

Lots of selfishness in the world. 

13 hours ago, B725 said:

Yesterday saw me rolling the grass field's all alone on a Massey Ferguson the farmer has a bad back and his son is doing 14 hour's a day trying to cope untill his dad is better.What did supprise me was just how many pheasants there was in field's you would not expect to see them,it was an enjoyable few hours seeing virous wildlife and helping the future milk production as well.

hello, well done giving the farmer and son help in this difficult time, 

Good effort on helping the farmer, I have been helping the local one to me with manual labour.Our garden has been full of pheasants, one of them become territorial, it would attack the misses when she was out in the garden! 

20 hours ago, team tractor said:

.... No shooting for a month must make a difference.

Lets hope its only a month but I suspect it will be extended in stages that people will be more likely to accept is reasonable, particularly if too many brain dead idiots keep meeting up.

Yes, they are talking the plan will run to end of June.  I personally think thatwill be extended to the end of August and hopefully then we will see a new dawn.

There is a town in America where every year the elk take over the town and it can get pretty hairy because the rut is on and the stags are in an unpredicatble mood.

Edited by Walker570

15 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Yes, they are talking the plan will run to end of June.  I personally think thatwill be extended to the end of August and hopefully then we will see a new dawn.

There is a town in America where every year the elk take over the town and it can get pretty hairy because the rut is on and the stags are in an unpredicatble mood.

Jackson Hole, Wyoming.