Another nail

46 minutes ago, old'un said:

I see no problems for our farmed and wild meat produce but the Chinese do need to get their food markets sorted, if it moves the Chinese will eat it, but this covid-19 virus may make them think a little.

I also see no problem with our wild meat but wonder if vegans, peta, wild life conservation society, wj etc, will use the virus for their own ends, i.e to try and stop the trade of ALL wild meat..

4 hours ago, islandgun said:

I also see no problem with our wild meat but wonder if vegans, peta, wild life conservation society, wj etc, will use the virus for their own ends, i.e to try and stop the trade of ALL wild meat..

I can see that happening after this has blown over .

They wouldn't let facts get in the way of their agenda would they. 

I have never received any flyers etc from PETA, but weirdly enough, after reading the initial post on this thread, I got home to see two identical envelopes from PETA had been delivered today! They are concerned chiefly with the fur trade, but there were references to the trade in ‘live’ animals for good in Chinese markets, and the methods by which they are killed. 
There is a prepaid envelope with each leaflet, and a DD or donation form to fill in. I considered putting the leaflets back in the envelopes and returning them just so they would incur postage costs, but as I’ve always been opposed to animal cruelty I have decided against this. They have simply been binned.