Lockdown

GBS

I recently acquired a .22 following a wanted advert on here and notified my police firearms department accordingly.

Yesterday, I received a call from the police reminding me that travelling to purchase a gun is entirely non-essential and shouldn't have taken place. A gentle rap across the knuckles.

Fortunately, this transfer was actually made just before the lockdown started but be aware that the police are monitoring transfers during lockdown.

GBS

25 minutes ago, GBS said:

I recently acquired a .22 following a wanted advert on here and notified my police firearms department accordingly.

Yesterday, I received a call from the police reminding me that travelling to purchase a gun is entirely non-essential and shouldn't have taken place. A gentle rap across the knuckles.

Fortunately, this transfer was actually made just before the lockdown started but be aware that the police are monitoring transfers during lockdown.

GBS

Then thankfully you have a record of the transaction, so you can dispute any claims they may think they can point at you in the future, regarding ‘recklessness’ or whatever. 
I did the same two days before the pubs etc were told to close. I didn’t inform licensing immediately, but didn’t receive any such letter. 

Edited by Scully

I have just eaten an Orange and thrown the peeling in the bin behind me. When i get home i will have a cup of Tea. 

Ha! Informative yes. Helpful? Maybe not. Unless there was a shortage of tea and you said where you'd got it from. LOL!

But the OP's was in that it is a cautionary tale to those who might be looking at raising ready cash by listing to sell on Gun Watch or Gun Trader a shot gun or an air weapon and those who might see that listing and then decide that they'd like to buy said item. Informative and helpful.

3 hours ago, GBS said:

GBS

Great to know they have the time to prioritise that call! 

On 11/04/2020 at 16:55, Andy RV said:

You state when the transfer took place as part of the notification, didn’t they consider that?....

Their confusion between date of transfer and date of notification.