FAC Air Rifle

squirrel shooter

Hi I have a spare slot on my FAC for a .22 FAC air rifle. Now i already have a Air Arms S410 (Mk2 in .22) it's a lovely air rifle with a walnut stock, i'm hoping to possibley have it tuned by a RFD up to FAC spec, then have it entered on my certificate. Or is it easier to just sell this air rifle and buy a FAC one?  

Many thanks! 

26 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

I think that converting your current 410 to FAC will devalue it considerably - and restrict where you can use it. If I were in your shoes I would buy a used FAC version.

I already have an open licence, i just don't know what's cheaper to do. I have no intention of selling my S410, if i ever did i could possibley have it converted back to an air rifle. 

Do you know how this variable power works, i see the older factory FAC are fixed power and the newer ones are variable. With the variable power do you have to adjust your zero, when you alter the power? 

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Do you need to sell to buy?

If you haven't already looked you'll find the FAC air rifles the rfds have are generally cheaper than the equivalent sub 12, so long as your not going for a brand new gun that is.

Yeah i need to sell to buy, i don't know what's best to do. I'm rather attatched to this air gun. It all comes down to money unfortunately

15 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

I contacted Air Arms to ask if they could increase the power of my S410 to FAC rating when it was due a service. They said no, they wouldn't.

I don't know if they couldn't or just don't want to do this job but I was surprised as I thought it would be simple enough

I asked Air Arms at the british shooting show could they upgrade it to FAC and have it put on my licence and he said they wouldn't do it.

3 minutes ago, scarecrow243 said:

i am sure if you get it fac rated you cannot get it turned back to non fac

yep once its registered as fac you cannot return it to sub 12flb,but as said to can get some good deals on fac air rifles,i paid 300 quid for a mint 410fac xtra.

JB

2 hours ago, squirrel shooter said:

Yeah i need to sell to buy, i don't know what's best to do. I'm rather attatched to this air gun. It all comes down to money unfortunately

When does it not, things being as they are at the moment yours might not sell, or a FAC might come along cheap as chips, might be worth saving for a while, especially as there isn't much to spend money on at the moment except Bill's.

So what are you wanting the FAC for then?

29 minutes ago, Mice! said:

When does it not, things being as they are at the moment yours might not sell, or a FAC might come along cheap as chips, might be worth saving for a while, especially as there isn't much to spend money on at the moment except Bill's.

What do you want a FAC for ? That’s a good question Mice . I find myself with the same situation as squirrel shooter ,and wondering which way to go , however I came across a good article on this subject by a man  called Ian Barnett , he has a website wildscribbler , I’m no good with links and stuff or I would post it. Anyhow he addressed the subject and to be honest I think he’s swayed me back to sub 12ft. He’s a very good writer and his article is worth a read.

44 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Your right there Mice! I don't think there will be a lot of disposable income about at the moment, people will be holding onto there money more then ever now! 

I'm wanting the FAC for use around the farm buildings ect where i can't use my .22LR. I just want an air rifle with a little more poke. 

15 minutes ago, Paul5tag said:

What do you want a FAC for ? That’s a good question Mice . I find myself with the same situation as squirrel shooter ,and wondering which way to go , however I came across a good article on this subject by a man  called Ian Barnett , he has a website wildscribbler , I’m no good with links and stuff or I would post it. Anyhow he addressed the subject and to be honest I think he’s swayed me back to sub 12ft. He’s a very good writer and his article is worth a read.

There are a lot of good threads on here with regards FAC air, I asked why FAC out of curiosity, sometimes you just want it.

10 minutes ago, squirrel shooter said:

Your right there Mice! I don't think there will be a lot of disposable income about at the moment, people will be holding onto there money more then ever now! 

I'm wanting the FAC for use around the farm buildings ect where i can't use my .22LR. I just want an air rifle with a little more poke. 

If your just around the farm then do you need it or just fancy it?

I bought an Axsor a while back with the intention of having it for FAC in the future, if I get a need for it,  I'd certainly like it.

18 minutes ago, Mice! said:

There are a lot of good threads on here with regards FAC air, I asked why FAC out of curiosity, sometimes you just want it.

If your just around the farm then do you need it or just fancy it?

I bought an Axsor a while back with the intention of having it for FAC in the future, if I get a need for it,  I'd certainly like it.

I thought about buying a r10se super carbine with that in mind but I don’t know what the shot count would drop to, or whether the carbine barrel would be suitable.

10 minutes ago, Paul5tag said:

I thought about buying a r10se super carbine with that in mind but I don’t know what the shot count would drop to, or whether the carbine barrel would be suitable.

How many shots do you need? If you watch some of Robin Foxers videos on YouTube he often fills up part way through his shoots as he's shooting a lot of rats, with a 510, which holds less air than an R10. 

I've no idea how efficient a carbine would be in FAC but I'm sure some people will be doing it. 

2 minutes ago, Mice! said:

How many shots do you need? If you watch some of Robin Foxers videos on YouTube he often fills up part way through his shoots as he's shooting a lot of rats, with a 510, which holds less air than an R10. 

I've no idea how efficient a carbine would be in FAC but I'm sure some people will be doing it. 

Thats fair enough as it would mostly be used for hunting,and you get about 200 at sub 12 so even if you lost 2thirds it would more than enough!

4 minutes ago, Paul5tag said:

Thats fair enough as it would mostly be used for hunting,and you get about 200 at sub 12 so even if you lost 2thirds it would more than enough!

Doubt it's near 200, I've got an R10 but not sure on the full shot string.

But I'm sure it would be more than enough.

8 hours ago, scarecrow243 said:

i am sure if you get it fac rated you cannot get it turned back to non fac

Er , yes you can . (I have this in writing from Cheshire Constabulary). As long the conversion  is carried out by registered gunsmith , and recorded in writing, by said gunsmith/RFD.