FAC Air Rifle

squirrel shooter

I thought you could turn a fac air rifle back to sub12. Has to be checked by proof house that the work has been done to sub12 or some such then taken off ticket.

Cost of it all makes it not worth while.

Edited by figgy

As longbower has stated some forces will you'd need to ask yours. If it's was me I'd keep what you have and buy a good used fac or sell  what you have and buy one . A local  gunshop has a secondhand 410 extra in .22 for I think it was 400-450 with a really nice thumb hole stock and scope , factory set at 28-30 flbs , at least with the extra you'll have a higher shot count. 

8 minutes ago, Tedward said:

Hi Longbower and Drummer70 in particular, can you tell me what your shot count would be in an R10 at approx 30ft lbs,

cheers, Tedward.

Oooo, that’s tricky for me because I shoot and pump. Every time I go into the field I top up and if I’m setting up I’ll shoot 20 pellets and then top up. 

I’d be amazed if you got more than 50-60 shots before losing power and accuracy.  That’s by just looking at the gauge when I shoot the R10. 

Maybe someone who’s more scientific will correct me on this. 

Edited by Drummer70

Hi , I used to get 35 shots with the standard BSA regulator, and standard bottle. I then changed to a Huma Regulator , and this went up to 43 shots .  I then bought  a larger bottle from 'Best Fittings' which gives 60 shots . So ,  with a slight loss of air changing bottles in 'field' would give me about 90 consistent shots @30ft/lbs.

Info you didn't ask for , but may be helpful. The below was done for my specific hunting requirements.

I have since , changed the hammer spring , and brought the power down to 21 ft/lbs , which gives me the same trajectory with a 16 grain pellet , as my .177  12 ft lbs , zero'd at 38 yds . This set up with the standard bottle gives me 55 shots on the regulator.

On 08/04/2020 at 01:08, Longbower said:

Er , yes you can . (I have this in writing from Cheshire Constabulary). As long the conversion  is carried out by registered gunsmith , and recorded in writing, by said gunsmith/RFD.

That's interesting to know, i know the dealer who told me that you could and i trust him.