Folding knives

walshie

Not that I'm bored or anything, but I thought I'd see what I had in the way of folding knives. After I took the photo I remembered I have a Leatherman, but it's in the truck. 

20200407_161929.jpg.dbb11347d5517b6001a3d812d7300b50.jpg

Left to right: Little Gerber keyring knife, Spyderco Kiwi, Swiss Army Knife, Manly Wasp, Ontario Rat 2, Spyderco Tenacious, EKA Swede 10. The first 4 are all legal UK carry.

Stay tuned and I might do the same with my fixed blades, but I doubt it. :lol:

Edited by walshie

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren’t shooters weird folk! I have more knives than I can shake a stick at, and have a ‘knife drawer’ in a cabinet in the gun room. 
A mate is the same; it doesn't matter where he goes, he more often than not comes back with a new knife! 
I have been obsessed with knives for much longer than I have been with guns. 
I must get a little Spyderco, great looking knives. 

9 minutes ago, ditchman said:

knives have come a long way since roman times................i have 2 small clasp knives...

love to see peoples collections ...please put them up

Don't do that! I'll think "Ooh that looks nice" and talk myself into why I need to buy one. I'm currently browsing Heinnies and am getting temped by the titanium chopsticks. :lol:

17 hours ago, Scully said:

I have more knives than I can shake a stick at, and have a ‘knife drawer’ in a cabinet in the gun room. 
A mate is the same; it doesn't matter where he goes, he more often than not comes back with a new knife! 
I have been obsessed with knives for much longer than I have been with guns.

I'm much the same, but in my case they are mostly small 'folders' - but I also have a weakness for multi-tools.  No interest in fixed blades for some reason.  It seems to be a family trait as I have knives from my father, grandfather, and great grandfather that have been handed down to me.

I wonder if I'm worse than you at being a knife cleptomanic Scully. Just a small collection over the years and I now only have five folders, four here, Remington, Boker, Swiss Army and a simple little cheap folder i purchased for a couple of dollars on the check out of a country store over 25yrs ago and goes everywhere with me today. I do have one more but that resides in the Land Rover.    SWomething tangible about a knife , even if it is a cheapy one. If it feels right, it has to come home with me.  I admit I also have a fair few out and about stuck in the ground forgotten after a gralloch and failed to find when I went back.

100.JPG

105.JPG

Edited by Walker570

On 07/04/2020 at 16:47, JTaylor91 said:

I still have the Swiss Army knife I got for my 8th??? Birthday, carry it everyday and still haven’t lost the tweezers or toothpick.

Snap!.......got mine from my Step Nan 43 years ago,for my 21st. I remember her saying "it's not much but sometimes a small blade is handy"

6 hours ago, PPP said:

Still on the lookout for a nice damascus folder if anyone has any ideas?

My shooting partner has a very nice little Boka? Damascus folder....wasn't cheap though

34 minutes ago, Robden said:

Now I know absolutely naff all about knives, but one I've fancied, even from a young age (when God was a boy), is a "flick knife."   Are they just impossible to own legally, or can they be licensed, as in, guns with FAC or SGC? 

No you just cant have one. They're on the prohibited list.  

12 hours ago, DUNKS said:

SAD OR WHAT?

4th knife from the right was given to me by my father in 1951.

FOLDING KNIVES 001.JPG

4th from the left ???  Is that a Lambsfoot ??  My Grandfather gave me one for my birthday ...I think my 7th or 8th and I still have the scars from it closing on my fingers. It manufactured

numerous catty forks, bows and arrows and spears in the following years.

I must have at least 50 folding knives.

Ranging from the Swiss Army Knife my Dad gave me for Christmas 1975 (I was 11 and did lose the tweezers and toothpick) to one I bought a couple of weeks back.

Haven't left the house in months without 3 in my pockets.

I really like knives and find them a thing of beauty, it is a terrible shame they have been demonised they way  they have.

31 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

I must have at least 50 folding knives.

Ranging from the Swiss Army Knife my Dad gave me for Christmas 1975 (I was 11 and did lose the tweezers and toothpick) to one I bought a couple of weeks back.

Haven't left the house in months without 3 in my pockets.

I really like knives and find them a thing of beauty, it is a terrible shame they have been demonised they way  they have.

3? That's what you call being prepared. 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

4th from the left ???  Is that a Lambsfoot ??  My Grandfather gave me one for my birthday ...I think my 7th or 8th and I still have the scars from it closing on my fingers. It manufactured

numerous catty forks, bows and arrows and spears in the following years.

Yes it is.

I do like folders. I have two relatively cheap drop point folders, but they sharpen beautifully and hold their edge. Also have a 40 year old Opinel which I refurbished a little while ago. Despite being the cheapest of the lot, it's the closest thing I have to a family heirloom, so  doesn't get taken hunting much.