What's for Dinner

loriusgarrulus

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

It will be interesting to see if it works.  It's not an option I could use as OH is diabetic.

Just tried a spoonful and it's definitely had an effect. Still packs a punch but it's far more edible now.

You could try adding lemon or lime juice. That was another suggestion I saw. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Well that would work but I don't want to be eating curry for the next week. Not that much room in the freezer atm.

Looked for ideas and apparently adding sugar can reduce the heat so some has been added and it's bubbling away as I write. I will report back later.

I find that a can of coconut milk takes out the heat

23 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

It will be interesting to see if it works.  It's not an option I could use as OH is diabetic.

My local Indian uses yogurt, works well...........and not the flavoured ones.

13 hours ago, biketestace said:

Sausage, BUTTERY mash, peas and gravy 

Sausage, BUTTERY mash and fried onions.          I've corrected that for you................You're welcome. 😊

Lunch: Half a take and bake buttered baguette with some beef sliced from leftovers of a Sunday joint. (I inventoried the freezer yesterday and discovered it, fortunatley still within date). OH buried his in raw onion, I had mustard on mine.

I followed mine with a banana and chocolate sprinkles yogurt. (OH went to get his prescription last week and picked me some up from the village shop on special offer. Unfortunatley he bought 2x packs of 6 and they had a short expiry date. He doesn't eat sweet yogurts. They freeze well.👍 You just need to remove the chocolate sprinkles before defrosting them in the microwave.I always want to eat one when it's too late to defrost one slowly )😎

20200415_115403.jpg