What's for Dinner

loriusgarrulus

36 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Had a go at making crumpets today. I used the egg rings so a bit small. Didn't  turn out exactly like the bought ones on top, but still very nice.

Had one toasted with butter and honey.

20200420_145411.jpg

We will have to take your word for it as you will not send out samples for us to try, just tormenting us with picture's of your food, ( they do look nice )

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

As we are on a takeaway ban I made lamb kebabs the other night.

Grilled lamb, onions, tomato, feta, yoghurt cucumber mint sauce and chilli sauce wrapped up in a garlic flatbread.

F0183307-3CFC-40A1-B52F-1D31A7A1FA9A.jpeg

When this ban is over I will invite you shooting if you will invite me to dinner.

Last night was smoked salmon fillets coated in Couscous and shallow fried , with salad and baby 🥔 

tonight will be Tempura King prawns and veg stir fry. Half taken out for present wife and then some 🌶 added to my half

all washed down with our latest batch of home brew Merlot ....and home brewed Rosé for the lady. Living the dream

Try as I might I can't touch any of those offerings but occasionally I slice a few partridge breasts lengthways into 1/4 inch wide pieces and then big knob of butter a crushed clove of garlic and a sprinkle of Tony's seasoning in the searing hot skillet, keep stirring the meat until browned and caramalised.    Whatever vegess are available in the garden, young leeks at the moment which melt in your mouth.  There are rarely any bits left over but if they are they are superb the following day as finger food for lunch or 'elevensies' on a shoot day.  Works with pheasant as well.

Edited by Walker570

I think we have something rather special tonight. Dehydrated chicken breast served with charcoal sticks, I can presume these where originally chips. .22 armour piercing peas. 

And possibly a close approximation of gravy. Although if you had it tested in a lab it would register as a life form. I have used my wifes gravy for car body filler, when it goes off its rock hard, you can drill it and sand it to a lovely smooth finish.

Edited by fatchap

2 hours ago, fatchap said:

I think we have something rather special tonight. Dehydrated chicken breast served with charcoal sticks, I can presume these where originally chips. .22 armour piercing peas. 

And possibly a close approximation of gravy. Although if you had it tested in a lab it would register as a life form. I have used my wifes gravy for car body filler, when it goes off its rock hard, you can drill it and sand it to a lovely smooth finish.

Sounds very similar to my wife`s cooking. I`m forever commenting that at least my old Mum`s gravy used to move about :sad1:

Edited by Old Boggy

33 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

Sounds very similar to my wife`s cooking. I`m forever commenting that at least my old Mum`s gravy used to move about 

My wife can set up an operating room at work ready for the most complicated of operations, but when it comes to cooking the woman can burn water.

Corrrr! I put on 3lb just looking at that!😉  . . . . . .Rabbit, 3 veg mustard mash, wilted nettles and wild garlic for me.  Out of greens. May of been shooting a lot, but i aint been in a shop since 16th March. Didn't realise i was such a prepper! Get milk cheese and eggs off farm, bit of foraging, pigeon bartering and still loads of wild grub in freezer. Been out of fruit, green veg, nuts and seeds for two weeks now tho . So look like gona have to bite the bullet and go shopping tomorrow.         NB

'Home Made'  well almost , we have a local farm who also run a small butchery business and they are producing some very tasty looking burgers. My wife is mixing up some honey mustard and mixed herbs to spread on top before grilling and we have new potatoes and swiss chard as vegetables. I'm looking forward to trying these burgers as it is the first time we have used this outlet and we try to use local farm produce where we can.  In anticipation of a get together with friends after this corvid deal I have also ordered a whole brisket of beef to smoke and long time cook(10hrs) for a blow out barbecue.  I marinate the brisket for three days, then smoke and cook it very slowly over charcoal in my home made 45 gall drum smoker, brushing it every 30 mins with the marinade.  The last two or three turned out awesome and needed a very sharp knife to slice, not because they where tough, just the opposite, they almost fell apart as the knife touched them.   Something to look forward to.