What's for Dinner

loriusgarrulus

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We’ve been doing a lot of cooking over a ‘campfire’ in the garden.  Keeps me and the kids occupied whilst being locked down.  This was home made baked beans with chunks of leftover roast beef lobbed in for good measure.  I think the kids got bored of my ‘more beans mr Taggart’ impression after maybe the 7th or 8th go 😀

BB15E402-66CA-4927-91E8-0674CB6D11AD.jpeg

Pizza tonight. After it was planned I realised I had no tomato puree. I mashed a tin of tomatoes up with the potato masher then added mustard powder and garlic puree. After simmering it to reduce the liquid I added oregano, basil and marjoram and allowed to cool.
Spread it on 2 thin pizza bases and added lots of mozzarella cheese and some salami along with diced spring onions. In the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes.

20200427_153340.jpg

20200427_155516.jpg

Love beef stew and dumplings when me mum god bless her used to make it. The dumplings where perfection. Unlike my good lady wife who believes once you swallow the dumpling it should act like a 3 tonne boulder that has just gone off the edge of a cliff, Its reached maximum velocity by the time it reaches your stomach but thats not going to slow it down, as it crashes through your stomach wall, punches its way through your liver, totally destroys your pancreas before destroying your large intestine and small intestine, before erupting out of your backside, obliterating the chair you are sitting on and finally leaving a large crater in your dining room floor. 

Edited by fatchap

2 hours ago, fatchap said:

Love beef stew and dumplings when me mum god bless her used to make it. The dumplings where perfection. Unlike my good lady wife who believes once you swallow the dumpling it should act like a 3 tonne boulder that has just gone off the edge of a cliff, Its reached maximum velocity by the time it reaches your stomach but thats not going to slow it down, as it crashes through your stomach wall, punches its way through your liver, totally destroys your pancreas before destroying your large intestine and small intestine, before erupting out of your backside, obliterating the chair you are sitting on and finally leaving a large crater in your dining room floor. 

Dont do dinner party's bud 🤦‍♂️

Spent most of yesterday in hospital having my 6 monthly cancer check ( CLEAR! Back again in November ) so last night it was a cheese, leek, red onion, potato frittata washed down with a mistakenly opened Chateauneuf du Pap (2011). Ran out of home brewed merlot and not bottled latest batch ( maybe today ). Wife found bottle in back of the cupboard. Googled it so I could keep an eye out for more as it was quite pleasant            £40 per bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that won't be happening anytime soon BUT it was a nice but unexpected way to,celebrate

1 hour ago, Diver One said:

Spent most of yesterday in hospital having my 6 monthly cancer check ( CLEAR! Back again in November ) so last night it was a cheese, leek, red onion, potato frittata washed down with a mistakenly opened Chateauneuf du Pap (2011). Ran out of home brewed merlot and not bottled latest batch ( maybe today ). Wife found bottle in back of the cupboard. Googled it so I could keep an eye out for more as it was quite pleasant            £40 per bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that won't be happening anytime soon BUT it was a nice but unexpected way to,celebrate

That is a reason to celebrate 👍🏻

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

Tonight’s tea. Various bits and bobs with cheese and meats.

DD87230A-F3AA-4714-8DA2-BFE0F8B647C2.jpeg

My word that looks good, I really can't help myself with a cheese board selection. Took my 5yr old to her friends birthday party last summer....south African family and they had a full cheese board on, myself and a 4 others cleared it in short order. What cheeses have you got there good sir?

By the way that's one very handsome dog you have there

4 hours ago, Rob85 said:

My word that looks good, I really can't help myself with a cheese board selection. Took my 5yr old to her friends birthday party last summer....south African family and they had a full cheese board on, myself and a 4 others cleared it in short order. What cheeses have you got there good sir?

By the way that's one very handsome dog you have there

Well thank you, it was the other half’s birthday so requested a bit of a selection. The cheeses were;

Stilton, Wensleydale and cranberry, manchego, garlic and herb roule, a goats cheese and some odd french cheese that came in a little dish which was very soft and mild, not sure of the name.
Meat wise, Serrano, bresaola, prosciutto and salami.