Sign in to follow this  
loriusgarrulus

What's for Dinner

We had a roast delivered by the local pub today. 3 meats, usual trimmings. £6.50, wasn’t bad at all. 

2AD58A96-5F7A-4E8C-9273-761DA6345063.jpeg

This lemon meringue pie was only made yesterday. I have had two small pieces so far.

20200426_175104.jpg

Posted (edited)

OH'S  turn to cook.

Chicken kievs coated in oat flour with butter, garlic, tarragon and parsely, jacket potato and cauliflower cheese

20200426_194427.jpg

Edited by loriusgarrulus

We’ve been doing a lot of cooking over a ‘campfire’ in the garden.  Keeps me and the kids occupied whilst being locked down.  This was home made baked beans with chunks of leftover roast beef lobbed in for good measure.  I think the kids got bored of my ‘more beans mr Taggart’ impression after maybe the 7th or 8th go 😀

BB15E402-66CA-4927-91E8-0674CB6D11AD.jpeg

Pizza tonight. After it was planned I realised I had no tomato puree. I mashed a tin of tomatoes up with the potato masher then added mustard powder and garlic puree. After simmering it to reduce the liquid I added oregano, basil and marjoram and allowed to cool.
Spread it on 2 thin pizza bases and added lots of mozzarella cheese and some salami along with diced spring onions. In the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes.

20200427_153340.jpg

20200427_155516.jpg

Tonights dinner is sausages from our last trip to the Polish supermarket.

Going to be with mashed potato and baked beans.

20200502_131738.jpg

Beef stew and dumplings followed by home made rice pudding 

Picture's came the wrong way around for some reason. 

20200504_173038_copy_2268x3024.jpg

20200504_170207_copy_2268x3024.jpg

Posted (edited)

Love beef stew and dumplings when me mum god bless her used to make it. The dumplings where perfection. Unlike my good lady wife who believes once you swallow the dumpling it should act like a 3 tonne boulder that has just gone off the edge of a cliff, Its reached maximum velocity by the time it reaches your stomach but thats not going to slow it down, as it crashes through your stomach wall, punches its way through your liver, totally destroys your pancreas before destroying your large intestine and small intestine, before erupting out of your backside, obliterating the chair you are sitting on and finally leaving a large crater in your dining room floor. 

Edited by fatchap

2 hours ago, fatchap said:

Love beef stew and dumplings when me mum god bless her used to make it. The dumplings where perfection. Unlike my good lady wife who believes once you swallow the dumpling it should act like a 3 tonne boulder that has just gone off the edge of a cliff, Its reached maximum velocity by the time it reaches your stomach but thats not going to slow it down, as it crashes through your stomach wall, punches its way through your liver, totally destroys your pancreas before destroying your large intestine and small intestine, before erupting out of your backside, obliterating the chair you are sitting on and finally leaving a large crater in your dining room floor. 

Dont do dinner party's bud 🤦‍♂️

Spent most of yesterday in hospital having my 6 monthly cancer check ( CLEAR! Back again in November ) so last night it was a cheese, leek, red onion, potato frittata washed down with a mistakenly opened Chateauneuf du Pap (2011). Ran out of home brewed merlot and not bottled latest batch ( maybe today ). Wife found bottle in back of the cupboard. Googled it so I could keep an eye out for more as it was quite pleasant            £40 per bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that won't be happening anytime soon BUT it was a nice but unexpected way to,celebrate

1 hour ago, Diver One said:

Spent most of yesterday in hospital having my 6 monthly cancer check ( CLEAR! Back again in November ) so last night it was a cheese, leek, red onion, potato frittata washed down with a mistakenly opened Chateauneuf du Pap (2011). Ran out of home brewed merlot and not bottled latest batch ( maybe today ). Wife found bottle in back of the cupboard. Googled it so I could keep an eye out for more as it was quite pleasant            £40 per bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that won't be happening anytime soon BUT it was a nice but unexpected way to,celebrate

That is a reason to celebrate 👍🏻

Posted (edited)

Garden lunch today.

Bloody Mary, spare ribs, rice and salad. Washed down with a Staropramen

20200507_120244.jpg

Edited by amateur

Venison Wellington - Roe fillet, homemade Roe liver pate with brandy 😃, Shortcrust pastry, Creamed leeks, Green beans and Jersey Royals .

Decent bottle of Cotes du Rhone ( ALDI £ 7 quid  !!!!)  

IMG_20200503_182502_resized_20200508_102747075 venison wellington 3.jpg