right time wrong place

Walker570

I was up at the crack this morning and had a choice of four cabins to sit in, in my wood, but checking the cameras afterwards I made the wrong choice by the looks of it.  Whilst I was nodding off in one , this nice fat muntie walked passed the other.  I would not have shot it anyway as I am still trying to build up the bramble cover in the wood to have a stable population, but still nice to see one having a look around.  You can just see my small cabin under the laurels on the left.

095.JPG

53 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

You've still time to see it in the flesh, the date on the camera is next Tuesday😆

Blimey, think I will get one of those time warp cameras, lets you see where stuff will be six days in advance of them being there. :)

I can't sort these time thingies on these cameras they change at the slightest touch of my sausage shaped arthritic fingers.  I check them every day so have apretty good idea what I'm looking at.  MIND, I do have one set up on a squirrel flip top away at an outlying farm and I bet that is going to have thousands of hits and flat batteries by the time I pick it up.

My wife was in the wood an hour ago and it walked across infront of her so it is having a good look around. Maybe a preggie doe looking for a safe place to have a youngster.

Lots of thick bramble in there now so pretty safe.

3 hours ago, FreshFace said:

Very jealous, looks like a beautiful morning.

What is the bird box in the right of the photo for? Seems like a big box with a little entry hole (No smut, you lot)

Just a bird box. Drilled the hole for blue tit size and they tidied it up and had a brood in there last year. No sign yet for this year although the wood is heaving with small birds.